Course Extinct
English, IN
Old English Golf Course Share
Uploaded By: AdamE Hole #1 (Taken 9/2010)
5 / 1200ft.   5 / 1200ft.   5 / 1100ft.   5 / 928ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #1 Mid-Fairway

1 2 Next >
 Made for the Pro!

1    9/2/2008   10/20/2008
Review By: oakley doakley
Pros: Well maintained course. It really doesn't get any better then this as far as a course being well manicured. Golf carts! Long open holes to really stretch your arm. Some nice elevation changes.
Cons: Long open holes that's it. Length and mandated OB is the only challenge in course. $20 bucks no matter what. Ball golf traffic seems slower then disc golf traffic.
Other Thoughts: Alright let me first say that I am no pro. I having been playing a while but my arm is not pro caliber. I can drive 350' max. Add a nice wind and maybe more.
With that being said this course is just a huge test of your long distance drive. With the sand traps and most crossing of sidewalks being OB. It plays right along with ball golf. The ball golfers seem to be slower then most disc golf traffic I have run into. So you can imagine there is no tree in your way or any kind of tunnel shots ever. Since it's on a ball golf course. There are some GREAT elevation changes. Hole 7 longest tee is awesome.
Overall it all started to get old towards the end with me just throwing the hardest I could ever hole. This course is definitely a pro layout.
When I played it there was no disc golf map so finding the baskets on the course where kinda tricky.
This course is truly huge and long so you will be thankful to have the cart. I have payed to play disc golf on numerous occasions. This is the first time I thought it was not worth the money. I have never played a course like this and I am glad I did. But I would not do it again. It is an above average course but not 5 stars to me. I enjoyed Patoka Lake more then Old English.
I met Dave Greenwell while playing and played with the last few holes with him. Really nice guy and after talking to him it really seems that he created this course with tournament/pro play in mind. I think he did accomplished that very well. Thank you Mr. Greenwell for all your hard work.

Very nice course

2-4    10/13/2008   10/20/2008
Review By: Benny V1Time
Pros: This is a Championship caliber course. A few different course layouts provide something for everyone. Elevation, water, risk/reward shots, on and on. Patoka Lake DG course (another great challenge) is within 20 minutes.
Cons: Beginners tend to get frustrated by the length of the holes, but if they stick with it this course could be a breeding ground for the next top players.
Other Thoughts: English DG course is a must play!

Disc Golf'rs dream

2-4    8/17/2008   8/21/2008
Review By: skottyb
Pros: Best of the best, everything that a disc golfer dreams of. Pristine fairways, elevation change, water hazards, OB everywhere. Set on a beautiful ball golf course in the old town of English. 20$ is really a nice price to play whenever you get to play ALL day and also get a nice golf cart. The staff is friendly as well and encourages your feedback.
Cons: None that I can think of.. well maybe a person who drives a drink cart around would be nice :)
Other Thoughts: It's rather odd to have your arm wear out before your legs do. Golf carts rule.

If you haven't play it this is a MUST.

Best of the Best!!!

6/22/2008   6/22/2008
Review By: Russell Gore
Pros: Entirely too much to write. This is the coolest place on earth. Great scenery, big elevation changes, lots of water hazards, sand traps, O.B.s, crazy thick rough, pristine fairways and golf carts! Did I forget to mention that you ride a golf cart? There are 5 different tee positions to make it a lot easier on those who don't or can't throw long.
Cons: I couldn't figure out how to get my disc in those little washers located at every tee box?
Other Thoughts: If you LOVE Disc Golf, this is a must play. Bring everyone you know. This is such a nice place. Also the people who work there are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

1 2 Next >