Concord, NC
North Cabarrus Park Share
Uploaded By: jedwards Hole #2

I Wasn't Thrilled With This Course!

1    7/18/2009   7/24/2009
Pros: Sorry, but this course does not get my approval. I wasn't happy with the overall design. The concrete teepads are great, grooved for traction. Nice baskets and very informative tee signs. I like the design of two holes; #2 a 265 ft. downhill with a slight hyser and # 8, a 340 ft. hyser through the trees.
Cons: First of all, I had a hard time finding # 1. I had to walk all over. A sign of some kind would be nice. I thought the three open field holes were pretty boring and unimaginitive. Starting at # 4, there were three holes in a row where the risk/reward wasn't worth it for me. # 4 was 279 ft. straight tunnell shot with tall, deep rough on both sides. Playing by myself, I didn't feel like taking the chance of losing a disc or spending a lot of time looking for it. And then # 5 is a 240 ft. hole with the creek on the right side. Another hole where the risk/reward just wasn't worth it for me. Then # 5 plays along the same creek. One carom off a tree and you're climbing over the fence and fishing for your disc.
Other Thoughts: I don't see this as a good beginner course at all. I think the middle three holes would be frustrating to any newbie. If I was going to bring someone out for the first time, I'd take them to Dorton. They'd enjoy that course much more. Although anyone past the level of beginner would probably rather play here, except me. I'll pass on this course.