Woodridge, IL
Castaldo Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: joenoel323 Hole #5 (Taken 7/2014)

1 2 3 4 Next >
 C+ = As average as the come for 9 holers

1    4/9/2009   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- B-

Nice course, but Poison Ivy

1    8/24/2008   8/25/2008
Review By: m1ke
Pros: Pretty good variety in holes- fun layout.
Nice park.
New-looking signs and teepads.
Cons: Poison Ivy, and not just in the brush next to the fairways but actually on the fairways of some later holes, under the big trees. If it was cleared, my rating would go up to a 3.
Starts a little slowly for a 9-hole course; 1st hole is wide open, 2nd almost the same, but then things pick up.
Other Thoughts: Power lines literally buzzing overhead on 1-3; spooky! I'm surprised to see other reviewers saying not crowded- we played on a Sunday afternoon and there were at least 4 other groups of players out there, so we all had to wait at times.

Used to Be Better

5+    6/27/2009   7/30/2008
Review By: 4_Of_Spades
This review was updated on 4/25/2015
Pros: Good baskets, signs, and tee pads.

Holes offer multiple lines to basket.

Very slight elevation adds some challenge to a few holes.

Always have fun playing here (it is my home course though).

Nice park setting with bike path, pavilion, and playground.
Cons: They have been trying to make this course suck since I started playing disc golf in 2008.

They cut down all the dense forest that used to line the fairways of holes 1, 2, 3, and 9. They have also cut down multiple oak trees throughout holes 4-8.

Baskets on first three holes have been moved up so these holes are less challenging.

Fairly short course that can feel repetitive. All holes reachable with a mid-range pretty much except for maybe holes 3 and 9.

Can be large groups at night and on weekends.

Usually the parking lot is full of people for a family party at the pavilion which is always a relief to me.
Other Thoughts: Run ins with other park doers is small. You just have to see if people are running in front of you, if not, throw it.

You get used to the buzzing on the first 3 holes after a few rounds.

Castaldo used to be a way better course and it is a shame with what they have done to it. It is still an okay course, but it keeps getting worse and worse. It is still worth a play because it is unique and still fun, but may not be for very much longer.

Fun and relaxed.

7/29/2008   7/29/2008
Review By: AdamBigott
Pros: Fun course.
Not crowded.
Variety in holes.
Cons: Third and fourth holes can be very frustrating.
A few holes should probably be par 3 instead of par 4.
Other Thoughts: Don't get poison ivy or lose a disc. Both are very do-able.

1 2 3 4 Next >