North Little Rock, AR

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Red

5+    6/3/2016   6/28/2016
Review By: LL_NiO
Pros: Nice course. Will challenge your technical game for sure. Couple of ace opportunities but they don't just hand it away by any means. Lot's of shade so great course for a hot day. Good amount of trash cans and benches too.
Cons: Not a lot wrong with this course it's just pretty basic. No length anywhere. Signs and baskets could use a little updating.
Other Thoughts: If you like wooded technical courses then you'll love it. Then you can jump over to Blue for some distance. Fun course and great day out.

Wow, tough course for beginner

1    5/21/2016   6/8/2016
Review By: discgolfnovice88
Pros: This course will challenge you
Lots of elevation changes
Do you like playing in the woods? If so you will like it.
Easy to get to off interstate
Cons: We got lost halfway through the front 9
Signage is non-existent in places
Old baskets, but all functional
Interstate noise is LOUD
The map doesn't help much, but print one off before you try for the first time
No real long drives available with all the trees and short holes
Other Thoughts: We loved this course for the challenge it presented. It is definitely a wooded course and the majority of the holes are short. Yes it is true, we got lost halfway through, but a local that plays the course a bunch pointed us back in the right direction. I advise going with someone that knows the course the first time you play. The elevation changes on this course are awesome. We both birdied 18. We will be back.

Pretty good

2-4    6/5/2016   6/7/2016
Review By: Joshwest
Pros: - Everything you would expect from an above average course is here. Signs, teeboxes, navigation arrows, alright baskets. There isn't anything that is bad.

- Very good variation in the hole shapes.

- Love the levee hole. I really enjoy high risk shots. There aren't too many of those around.

- Even though the course is almost entirely in woods, the under brush off the fairways seemed well kept. When I had to go hunting for a disc, I didn't ever feel like I was having to push through tons of bushes and brush. The only seemed like bushes were kept thick near baskets to require more accurate shots.

- Lots of picnic tables/benches at holes. Not sure there was one at every hole, but I'd say at least 2/3, probably more. Also, the course goes near multiple bathrooms, but I didn't go in any, so I can't speak to their quality.

- I played with locals, and it really seemed like that the pin locations were changed pretty consistently. Which is a big plus. Most courses that I've seen that have alternate locations, don't actually use them.
Cons: - They just changed out all the baskets to Mack X's on the Blue course, so I would assume that will happen for Red in the near future, but until that happens, hold you breathe on all putts. Played here twice and saw 5 or 6 spit outs that were center chains.

- There were navigation arrows between holes. However, since the baskets can be in very different locations, I'm not sure that all arrows could be seen from either pin location, would help to make them bolder and visible from every possible pin spot.

- I'll list it as a con, but it's more of a nuisance, than an actual negative of the course. It gets very close to the interstate. There is a constant sound of cars rushing by, and the holes nearest to it, the sound can make it difficult to hear if you aren't close to your group.

- I feel like it favored left to right shots more, but I think it mostly depends on which pin location the baskets are in. Probably would be best for the group who changes the locations to make sure the pin locations require the most variety of shots.
Other Thoughts: - I haven't made up my mind if I like Red or Blue more. It's clear they are perfect compliments to each other. I'd probably have to flip a coin on which to play if I could only play one, but I would hope I would have the time to play both. I would definitely recommend playing both, but if you have to choose.......good luck.

looking better

1    7/24/2014   8/4/2014
Review By: cheese dog
This review was updated on 9/20/2014
Pros: course has improved
Cons: old baskets
Other Thoughts: I wrote a real nasty review on this course after I played it for the first time. since then the local club has added signs, benches, and cleaned up the park a lot. this is the most played course in little rock for a reason, its a good course and it will challenge most.

Always good

5+    3/11/2014   3/14/2014
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Cement tee pads on all holes

Excellent use of terrain.

Very easy to get to from the interstate.

Bathroom located across the street from the course.
Cons: Tee signs are posts, most have worn off.

While most of the course is marked, there are a few spots it can be hard ti find your way around. If you have not played here before, print out the map to make it much easier.

Basket #11 was missing
Other Thoughts: I have been playing Burns park for over 25 years. Back from the 9 hole single chain days when the holes were located where the tennis courts are now.

The red course is a shorter technical course with a very very good mix of holes.

Some of the baskets are the original single chain baskets from years ago. Needless to say, they have seen better days.

But as far as a good day of golf, this is the place to go.

Nice Course

1    7/2/2013   7/21/2013
Review By: KimD
Pros: Lots of elevation changes and trees.
Great shot opportunities.
Cons: A few fences you may have to hop, and a road or two that you throw at. Hope you don't roll down a hill...
Other Thoughts: Beautiful park.
Nice playground for kids at the start.

Not Bad

1    6/15/2013   6/15/2013
Review By: Schlangewurst
Pros: -Good variety in distances and pin locations.
- Course is maintained enough to keep the fairways clear.
Cons: -Very little signage.
- I'm sure it wouldn't be bad after your first time playing the course but it's sometimes hard to find your way from hole to hole and some holes are longer and it takes a while to find where you need to throw.

hilly fun

1    3/11/2013   4/24/2013
Review By: Memphis Newbie
Pros: fun, steep, elevation

well defined, wooded fairways

good mix of shot shapes

adequate baskets and tees

nice looking woods

another 18 hole course on site
Cons: a couple holes are right by the noisy freeway, spoils the experience a bit

missing or unreadable signs, made for some confusion and waste of time

not much variety in length of holes
Other Thoughts: I love hilly, wooded courses like this, I really enjoyed it. I would have enjoyed it a lot more with matching, updated signage.

I really appreciate the contrast between this and the blue course which is longer, flatter and more open

A Great Little Course

1    3/13/2013   3/27/2013
Review By: SuperBorg
Pros: I really liked this course. Very pretty. Great use of elevation. Lots of trees, with nice fairways.
Cons: Poor signage, and we got lost a few times between holes. Ended up playing toward the wrong basket once, which was frustrating. The tee pads are ok, but not great. No long or open holes to air it out, but I didn't mind.
Other Thoughts: This is, in my opinion, better than the blue course, by quite a bit.

Burns Red

5+    2/23/2013   2/27/2013
Review By: dcwalker30
This review was updated on 3/29/2016
Pros: 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Cons: 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Other Thoughts: 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

< Prev 1 2 3 4