Englewood, OH
Englewood MetroPark DGC Share
Uploaded By: zapplayer12 Hole #1 (Taken 9/2009)

fun but muddy

2-4    12/24/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: Oldmanplayin
Pros: Fairly clean course in a good area. A lot of nice lines to choose (flex, straight, hyzers) on some holes. Kinda easy to play but is a fun course and worth playing twice(I did)
Most of the reviews are right on for this course. 2-3 aceable holes. Beautiful T signs!!!
Cons: MUDDY, Rubber tee's and mud do not make for a good combo, did not see a trash can. 11 and 12 are a walk to basket and back to tee area
Other Thoughts: #1 is straight across from practice baskets as are 2 others, remember them! Would be a great course to play in drier weather. It is just a fun course.. Leaving the course, first 2 rights!!!

OK park course

1    9/11/2010   11/2/2010
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course plays through a rolling park with mature trees. About half the holes have some rough off the fairways to punish errant shots, the other half have even more of a park style feel with mature trees and open lanes. A few holes have some nice use of the small elevation changes in the park, and there is an elevated pin to add a fun challenge.

There is a nice mix of hole shapes where a line is forced by the trees, with holes calling for left and right turning shots and some straight holes mixed in for balance. There is not a ton of length, but it still feels like the hole lengths are mixed up enough that they don't all feel exactly the same. The tees are not bad, they have ok grip and are large enough for the length of hole here. There is a decent hole map on the kiosk, it's worth looking at and taking a picture of to help with navigation.
Cons: There are no tee signs at all, making navigation a little rough without a map or guide at times. There are areas where multiple pads are in the same area, and with no signs or even numbers on the pads, you have to do extra walking to make sure you're throwing on the right hole.

There are a lot of unused features in this park, making it a little disappointing after driving in on a cool dam looking down at nice woods. The course stays completely out of the denser woods that would make for some nice tighter holes to balance the open park style shots that dominate here. The course plays pretty flat over all, with several holes looking up at the awesome possibilities of the dam's elevation, I hope they at least use that for some neat temp holes in tournaments.
Other Thoughts: This course is good, but doesn't have enough variety or challenge to make it great. It needs some signage pretty badly, and some additional holes bringing the elevation and woods around the course into play would really bring this course up a few notches. Beginners will like this course, with enough trees to keep it interesting, but open lines and little punishment. More experienced players will find it a deuce or die type course, with mostly reachable holes that don't make aggressive play very risky.

2-4    9/15/2010   9/15/2010
Review By: andrewkh
Pros: -scenic course
-great use of elevation changes
-wide variety of shots
-great mix of distances off the tee
-fun for a wide variety of skill levels
-fairly easy to navigate even though there are no signs
Cons: -can get very crowded at this course
-no signs so it can be difficult to navigate
-lots of small roots and rocks to trip over in the woods
-is mowed with what appears to be a brush mower and leaves grass choppy so no rollers or skips
Other Thoughts: this is a fun one! I will be back for sure

1    12/27/2009   12/28/2009
Review By: kev32650
Pros: Good variety of shots.
Some nice use of elevation.
Doesn't interfere with other aspects of the park. This is a big key for me. I don't like parks where you have to throw over a playground or wait for walkers to pass.
Great baskets and well laid rubber tees.
Can definitely tell that some thought went into the layout.
Cons: I like to know distances when I throw and no tee signs does cause some confusion.
I sketched a map before I went from the one on this website and had absolutely no problem navigating, except for the three tees together like someone mentioned.
Benches and trash cans make a course feel complete to me.
It is winter and most of the brush is gone but I felt like most holes you didn't have to hit your line and you could still recover to make a 3 pretty easily.
Some more distance would definitely help this course.
Other Thoughts: I definitely enjoyed this course, but when I saw the 4 rating I was expecting something awesome and it was just a good fun little course. Nothing that really wowed me.
I want to play it again in the summer when all the trees and bushes are filled in. I think I would have a much different experience and not find it to be such an easy course.
Once the course has tee pads and a couple of tee placements have been tweaked I think it might be a great course and not just a good course.
I think 12's basket, base and all, should be moved up the hill by the parking lot. That would be an awesome hole. OB road on the right, hill running back to the left. Some tough putting there.

mid length & wooded

1    10/30/2009   10/31/2009
Review By: culinarywiz
Pros: Nice park

Good mix of tunnel and open shots

Practice basket
Cons: No tee signs

No true long hole(s)

Short rubber pads
Other Thoughts: After identifying the 4 disc review this course had garnered, I planned a trip here. The course and park were beautiful. The fallen leaves and autumn colors provided a picturesque landscape.

Although this is certainly a nice course, the layout left a little to be desired. Even though I never got "lost", I didn't like not having tee signs. When you step from your car, you approach 3 unmarked pads, all together, pointing in slightly different directions. Its easy enough to find the map posted at the entrance, but this struck me funny. The flow however, is quite smooth.

I never once needed a max range driver, and I only threw a midrange a couple times. Many deuce opportunities. I threw Stalker or XL, then putter on most holes.

Most courses tend to benefit left handers. Not here. There is a heavy mix of right to left shots. As a lefty, I had to pull a lot of drives off the tee.

All in all, I liked the course. If it were local, I would play it often.

Layover round

1    10/29/2008   10/30/2008
Review By: Nivek9
Pros: Fun and interesting layout. It wasn't terribly challenging but it was obvious some thought was put in to each hole with respect to the relatively small amount of land devoted to it. This course is quite new so I expect it will improve over time.
Cons: The tees need to at least be marked with the hole number. There were several other people there throwing but if not I would not have gotten all 18 in. The baskets are clearly marked but going all the way to the basket and back to verify the hole number is unacceptable. Just some spray paint on the pad would be better than nothing for now.

Very odd switchback on #17 and #18. That's the only hole I got really turned around on. I played #18 first then realized my mistake and threw #17. Signs will resolve this.
Other Thoughts: Great course to stop in and play if you are passing through. It is literally five minutes from the airport. If you land and want to get a round in before hitting the road, this is the spot. I threw it right before turning in a rental car and flying out. Excellent location for that!