Englewood, OH
Englewood MetroPark DGC Share
Uploaded By: zapplayer12 Hole #18 (Taken 9/2009)

Loved it

1    8/10/2010   8/10/2010
Review By: pugsrul2001
Pros: Very nice short course. You do not have to be a long thrower to do well hear. Loved the rubber tee boxes. throw a 62 first time out. I average 69
Cons: The course is 40 minutes from my house.
Other Thoughts: I wish they would install another 18 that is longer. the park is big enough

Good; needs signs and concrete tees

1    7/12/2010   7/28/2010
Review By: TheBulch
Pros: - Cool layout. Dips in and out of the woods, turns back on itself and always ends up at the parking lot
- Lots of trees make for challenging but possible holes
- A small map in the parking lot will get you around the course, for the most part.
Cons: - No tee signs at all. It would be nice to know where to go, especially when there are 3 pads next to each other.
- Some people like the rubber pads. I almost broke my leg on them multiple times because it had rained the day before.
Other Thoughts: If they fixed the signs and pads I would play this course over Belmont any day. Still a must play if you are in the Dayton area.

Englewood MetroPark DGC

5+    7/19/2010   7/20/2010
Review By: BoB3k
This review was updated on 3/18/2011
Pros: Nice mix of holes.
Nice area of the park.
Nice rubber pad tees.
Cons: Side underbrush is deep in spots making errant throws sometimes tough to recover.

The signs are up now, and they give all holes Par 3. That's pretty rough. I think there are at least two Par 4s on this course.
Other Thoughts: My favorite course. Quite a bit of shade on those summer days. Holes are nicely designed--there is more than one shot to almost every hole. Water fountain at the crossover. Not too busy (except on Saturdays).

1    12/27/2009   12/28/2009
Review By: kev32650
Pros: Good variety of shots.
Some nice use of elevation.
Doesn't interfere with other aspects of the park. This is a big key for me. I don't like parks where you have to throw over a playground or wait for walkers to pass.
Great baskets and well laid rubber tees.
Can definitely tell that some thought went into the layout.
Cons: I like to know distances when I throw and no tee signs does cause some confusion.
I sketched a map before I went from the one on this website and had absolutely no problem navigating, except for the three tees together like someone mentioned.
Benches and trash cans make a course feel complete to me.
It is winter and most of the brush is gone but I felt like most holes you didn't have to hit your line and you could still recover to make a 3 pretty easily.
Some more distance would definitely help this course.
Other Thoughts: I definitely enjoyed this course, but when I saw the 4 rating I was expecting something awesome and it was just a good fun little course. Nothing that really wowed me.
I want to play it again in the summer when all the trees and bushes are filled in. I think I would have a much different experience and not find it to be such an easy course.
Once the course has tee pads and a couple of tee placements have been tweaked I think it might be a great course and not just a good course.
I think 12's basket, base and all, should be moved up the hill by the parking lot. That would be an awesome hole. OB road on the right, hill running back to the left. Some tough putting there.

1    10/12/2009   11/18/2009
Review By: Bikinimower
Pros: Nice Park
Nice Shot Variety
Good Mix Of Wooded to Open Shots
Well Kept, Mowed and Clean
Challenging but not Frustrating
Cons: Somewhat hard to Navigate
Not a lot of Elevation Change
Other Thoughts: This was a fun course. It's located in a public park it never goes into the woods but it moves in and out of wooded areas,

They mix up their shots very well. You use just about every type of shot and Disc that you have

The main problem with this one is it can be a little confusing to find your way around. Fortunately we ran into a local, he seemed like a good guy and played the round with us. I probably would have found my way around without him, but it wouldn't have been easy.

Good course, it's a must play if you live in the area. If your looking for a road trip I would say it's worth going to if your gonna hit multiple parks, but I wouldn't drive more than an hour or 2 just for this one.

mid length & wooded

1    10/30/2009   10/31/2009
Review By: culinarywiz
Pros: Nice park

Good mix of tunnel and open shots

Practice basket
Cons: No tee signs

No true long hole(s)

Short rubber pads
Other Thoughts: After identifying the 4 disc review this course had garnered, I planned a trip here. The course and park were beautiful. The fallen leaves and autumn colors provided a picturesque landscape.

Although this is certainly a nice course, the layout left a little to be desired. Even though I never got "lost", I didn't like not having tee signs. When you step from your car, you approach 3 unmarked pads, all together, pointing in slightly different directions. Its easy enough to find the map posted at the entrance, but this struck me funny. The flow however, is quite smooth.

I never once needed a max range driver, and I only threw a midrange a couple times. Many deuce opportunities. I threw Stalker or XL, then putter on most holes.

Most courses tend to benefit left handers. Not here. There is a heavy mix of right to left shots. As a lefty, I had to pull a lot of drives off the tee.

All in all, I liked the course. If it were local, I would play it often.

Relaxed, secluded, fun

1    9/4/2009   10/10/2009
Review By: zapplayer12
Pros: • Beautiful, relaxed park setting surrounded by an abundance of nature
• First-rate design especially considering the limited land allocated
• Well defined fairways and manageable rough
• Rubber tee pads & baskets in next to new condition
• Fun for multiple skill levels / nice course for introducing disc golf to new players
• Clean; maintenance is top-notch
• Park amenities close by
• Easy to get to - right off I-70 and close to I-75
Cons: • No tee signs (seriously, this takes .5 off my review)
• Mostly short and not very challenging
• Lack of 'pro' tees or baskets (to increase challenge)
• Holes play similarly and can get repetitive (specifically the back 9)
• Not much elevation change
• Even though water is nearby, it does not come into play
• Some holes play by roads and errant throw could hit cars/pedestrians
Other Thoughts: What a peaceful and serene course - especially when you're the only one there at 8:30 in the morning! The first set of holes got my hopes up - peaking with the retention dam hole (see pics). I was really expecting to play along side it hoping it would lead to more adventurous holes…

So it was somewhat of a let down when the map indicated I was going back instead of forward. The remainder of the course plays around the land adjacent to the road, parking lot and circle around the practice basket. So don't expect to cover a lot of ground. It's mostly back and forth in a somewhat confined area. There are a few wooded holes but for the most part, they're mostly comparable - well kept, distinct fairways with manageable rough on each side with some mature trees mixed in. I enjoyed the placement of the pins where a tree, elevation or turn either way can make one settle for par when a birdie was expected.

There's not a lot of variety or challenge here - words like 'epic' or 'pro-caliber' do NOT describe this course. However, it has a huge fun factor which tends to appeal to a range of skill levels. Hopefully the people in and around the area (and passing through) are giving this course a play as it is well deserving. Of the 3 Dayton area courses I've played, this is by far my favorite.

The lack of tee signs is an obvious omission which reduces my score by a half point. I had a map and there was no problem but for such a well done course, I was expecting the icing on the cake (I understand, there are most likely legitimate reasons for the lack of tee signs).

Side Note:

Getting back to my car from 18, I noticed an older couple with binoculars unloading a spotting scope from their trunk. Being a birder, I knew this was a tell tale sign. As they walked by, I struck up a conversation regarding the birds I'd seen in and around the nearby 'lake' (it really wasn't one when I was there - lack of rain had the water receding quite a bit. This produces 'mudflats' which attract shorebirds which invariably results in birders on hole 13). Accepting their gracious invitation, we spent the next 2+ hours birding around the park. So ironically, I unintentionally spent double the time birding as I did disc golfing!

Englewood Reserve DGC

1    9/18/2009   9/18/2009
Review By: yankeefanjln
Pros: Clean, well-maintained tees. Challenging hole layouts. Very pretty park. Actual "fairway" and "rough" areas.
Cons: Not well marked so it is difficult to figure out as you go. The park is difficult to navigate in vehicles, too.
Other Thoughts: You should have passable skill with every type of shot to play this course well. This is a course that is not "easy" but is still very rewarding even for a novice. We had to walk over to review the posted course layout several times in order to know what to do next.There is a printable map available online - make sure you bring one. I will play this course as often as I'm able to.

Englewood Metroparks Course

1    9/12/2009   9/14/2009
Review By: hendersondayton
Pros: Great Layout. Not too hard but still challenging. Great Views of the "lake". Elevated Basket on the back 9 was really cool. Really liked the Rubber Mat Tee pads.
Cons: None really. Maybe some signs would be nice.
Other Thoughts: I really liked this course. Set up well. Not too hard to walk and very challenging. Its a bit of a drive for me but well worth it. I recommend you playing it if you're in the area.

Beautiful

1    8/6/2008   11/6/2008
Review By: OneBallWonder
Pros: Amazing layout, creative shots, and really amazing park to play in. It's a highly used park, with an amazing array of scenery and wildlife. A large lake provides an amazing backdrop to a couple holes with elevated tee-boxes.
Cons: The sign thing is an issue, but it's not too bad. Take the map.
Other Thoughts: A map from the park entrance to the beginning of the course would be nice, because if you pass it, you end up outside the park again. (At least we did)