Waterloo, OR
Waterloo DGC Share
Uploaded By: nevermore321 Hole #9 (Taken 11/2009)

It's ok

1    5/8/2012   5/8/2012
Review By: Bigkahuna16
Pros: Pretty scenery, good baskets, free, good challenge with lots of parking. If you have all day you could play Adair then Corvallis Willamette Park and then here. Best place to play if you live in Eugene.

Cons: Extremely poorly marked with muddy carpet pads. When you done with a basket you can't find the next without hiking and looking for it. It seems like it was built by a local club. No trash cans but bags hanging all over, some holes have benches but not many. Lots of dirt and berry bush. Definitely not a place to take beginners that don't want to lose their disc.
Other Thoughts: Fun in the sticks. Homemade. Has great possibilities. Great shade. Not a good beginner spot but good for those who have control. Lots of up and down walking which translates to some fun play. Downhill throws and uphill throws. Worth a trip.

Can't wait till it's done!

7/4/2008   7/5/2008
Review By: gwillim
Other Thoughts: Waterloo is not completely finished yet, so I'm not going to give the Pros and Cons of the course. Instead, I'm just going to talk about the course a bit. When the course is finished and I play it again, I'll come back and update this review, and the course may even get a 4.5 star rating (or maybe a 5?).

The course design for Waterloo is AMAZING! For the land that they have used I am simply astounded with what they have done. Basically, they have gone into an unused area of the park that has VERY thick brambles, briers, stinging nettles everywhere and all sorts of other challenges, and they've just ripped fairways out of it! And I'm not talking your everyday type of 8 foot wide gaps that are completely ridiculous for DG. I'm talking holes that dogleg left, right, go uphill, downhill, and a couple with gate style opening, and they've removed ALL the brush 20-50 wide for actual, functional FAIRWAYS! It's fantastic.

As of right now the teepads are just 4x4 logs to serve as the front of the pad. Hole 16 was the only hole that didn't have it's fairway worked on yet, and there are lots of stinging nettles on many of the holes. Along with the nettles all over, hole 7 has a significant amount of Poison Oak right along the walking path. I don't think it's anywhere else on the course at all, so it shouldn't be too hard to remove. The course fairways have just recently been skidded, so the terrain is very rough, I'd suggest hiking shoes that have fair ankle support.

I can't wait for this course to be finished. The local golfers who are working on this course (Jeromie Fields! is the only one that I know of) are doing an excellent job making a course that is more than modern, it should be the future of DG courses in places with thick forest/underbrush.

Just about every time we walked up to the next tee pad I had a spot that I assumed the basket would be (after playing dozens and dozens of courses, course design becomes very predicable), and everytime it was much, much better than I thought.

All course designers need to play this course, all competitive golfers need to play this course. My main suggestions for the course would be to use spotters, keep an eye out for nettles/poision oak, and leave your super high speed drivers in the car, fairway drivers and mids will get you a much better score out here!

DAMN, that was a good course!!!!!!