Waterloo, OR
Waterloo DGC Share
Uploaded By: nevermore321 Hole #8 (Taken 10/2009)

Woohoo for Waterloo

2-4    9/16/2009   10/17/2009
Review By: Oregon_Nole
Pros: Great hole design- Most holes were tough enough to challenge you, but fun and cool enough to make it worth it.

Good use of elevation- There's not much of it, but what is there, is used very well. Up, down, and side slope all come into play. The course pretty much makes it way across the slope of a small hill, and the designers did a great job to maximize what little topography they had to work with.

Great Tree Holes- I think there's only one "open" hole, 18, and there's still trees on it. But all of the course either starts, ends, or is entirely through the tree, but as the reviewer before me mentioned, every hole has a well-defined fairway.
Cons: ( I know the course isn't done, so all of these are temporary.... i hope)

Temp tee signs- Of the signs that were still there (at least 3 were missing when I played) they're very vague.

Natural Tees- I don't know, maybe I'm not used to playing on them, but I'm not a huge fan of natural tees. These weren't horrible, but a nice, even surface would have been great.

Confusing walkouts- Without signs indicating the way to the next hole, we spent a while exploring. Most of the next tees are pretty intuitive, but there were a couple that were tricky..

Other Thoughts: As the first reviewer said, this course is not complete, or at least I hope it isn't, but what is there, is solid. If this course were to put in better tees and have better signage, it would get a 4.5.

I equate this course to the tomboy that you know is going to grow up into a knockout.