Denver, CO
3 / 290ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Tubers

1    4/8/2014   4/10/2014
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -The land is decent and the park is kept mowed.
-There are some hills in the park.
-Some decent sized trees.
-Central location.
-Varied distances.
Cons: -Tube tones instead of baskets. I'm addicted to chains.
-No tees and hardly any tee markers. I didn't spend much time looking because I didn't want to waste time while course bagging but you really shouldn't have to look in a park style course.
-Navigation was poor without marked tees or signage.
-Crammed into a pretty small park. May be other park users.
-Not the best area of town, smelled funny. If I couldn't see my car most of the time, I might have been more concerned for the safety of my stuff.
-Noisy. Industrial and highway noises abound.
-Doesn't really use the river at all. Could make a tricky green over there.
-Homeless people hang out here often.
Other Thoughts: -Only stop here if you live very close by or are a course bagger.
-I need baskets to get my disc golf fix.
-They did do a surprisingly decent job with the layout for what they had to work with but lack of upkeep will hold this course down forever.

Don't go out of your way

1    3/21/2014   3/21/2014
Review By: beats4dayz
Pros: It was close to where I was staying while visiting Denver so I didn't have to travel very far in order to waste my time.
Cons: Ummmm no baskets?!? No tees. Map provided here is basically worthless. Shady area of town. Sewage smell prominent.
Other Thoughts: I happened to see some people throwing off a big hill while driving the Interstate so I made it a point to check it out. This course is really just for locals. Don't go out of your way to play here. If u go, hopefully there are some locals to play with or follow because otherwise u will spend most of your time tryin to figure out where to throw from and to.
No baskets. Only random unmarked sign posts with yellow tubing wrapped around. Occasional tubing will have arrow written in sharpie pointing to random tee which isn't marked. No tees. I think I saw a couple orange "markers" on the ground. A couple of locals made some hole descriptions on black marble chunks for a couple of holes. The map provided here seems to be out of date and basically useless.

Stinky Town

1    8/24/2013   8/24/2013
Review By: Rampant
Pros: Well maintained park in the middle of dense industry. The views are surprisingly nice considering where this course is located.
Cons: This course stinks! Not because it's so bad, although it is a lousy course considering there are no baskets to throw into and very badly marked tees, but because it's located directly adjacent and downwind of the Purina plant. If you've ever driven on 1-70 next to the stock show complex and noticed the weird smell of dog food being cooked, imagine playing a round of frolf and smelling that the whole time. Not a good experience.
Other Thoughts: The tees are so badly marked that you would probably have more fun playing safari through the park, and to be honest you probably won't finish your round anyways because of the smell and the fact that there's no baskets. If you're in the area play Paco Sanchez instead, take my work for it.

Not for me

1    3/20/2013   3/21/2013
Review By: holydiva
Pros: Decent location, hidden but it had parking.
Cons: Confusing layout, green and yellow poles for pins that blended in with the surrounding environment. Almost impossible to find tees.
Other Thoughts: A lot of potential for a good, small course but it needs easy to spot tees and the pins need to be painted a third color as well to make them more apparent.

Ching Is Much More Satisfying than Tunk!

1    7/8/2010   7/9/2010
Review By: srm_520
Pros: Hmm… Well, the park itself was on a nice piece of undulating land that was well maintained and had a good amount of trees. The whole course plays along the South Platte as your backdrop, but unfortunately it doesn't come into play. Other than that - even I am at a loss to say more positives about this place.

BEST HOLE/S: #1
Cons: Location: This may be the closest park to downtown, but I'll take the burbs any day if that means I don't have to play in Robberyville Landing. For those of you familiar with the Denver Coliseum, the park is on the edge of its parking lot area, and sandwiched between the Interstate, railroad tracks, and the Pepsi factory. Basically, this is the homeless haven backdrop I imagine about when a reporter is on the scene reporting about rampant drug use or an escaped serial rapist.

The Interstate and tracks are what you expecting - loud and carbon monoxide filled, a stark contrast too many courses in Colorado. The parking lot is bleak, and the Pepsi factory - well… there is something unnatural coming out of that place and it runs down a containment drain across hole #1 and #9 into the river. Don't bother trying to get your disc - it's melted in the radioactive looking stink sludge. I'm now a Coke man.

Baskets: I hope Tubetone baskets saved the city a lot of money when building this place because they are just that - a thick metal pole with four chains welded to it. I mean - why not just save more money and put up big post that says hit me? This was my first experience with these "baskets" and is something I would expect to find on a private course in the middle of nowhere. Hell, if Antarctica can get nine real baskets -I think Denver parks and rec should be able to do the same. Note - the rusty pole without chains anymore is #3 sitting on the edge of the park next to tracks.

Tee boxes: Sorry there are none, so not much to report. I printed a map, as you should, and played in the areas indicated - but you'd be just as good teeing off from the previous basket.

WORST HOLE/S: #8
Other Thoughts: Here's the thing about Globeville Landing - it's the kind of place that a first glance has a lot of potential with its open areas for good distances and varied terrain in a good central Denver Metro location. You might think with some quality baskets, a little signage to actually denote a tee box area, and you'd be in business. Then, as you walk over the homeless man on hole #5 you think, oh wait - this is health crazed Denver, Colorado and they have hundreds of parks like this around that could serve the same purpose.

My suggestion, find a park like Commons or Cheesman park nearer downtown - pick out some trees as targets and go enjoy yourself. The tunk off the tree can't be any different an experience than what you would get here. Even better, take an extra fifteen minutes and go west to Johnny Roberts DGC or Camenisch DGC - The Badlands or east to Exposition Park and play a real disc golf course.