Pros: Nice concrete teepads. Nice maintained course and park. Grass kept cut during summer. Nice baskets. Restrooms on site. Course flows pretty well.
Cons: The only cons I really have about the course is little to no hole signage and the water hazard didn't really have much water.
Other Thoughts: Nice kept course would play again if in the area.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
All around good.
Pros: overall a nice 9 hole course... see my complete review in the other thoughts box. Easy layout to follow. Nice tee pads. clean park.
Cons: Tee and hole optons might be nice.
Other Thoughts: This is my disc golf course rating system. Each element of the course is worth ˝ disc for a total of 10, ˝ disc units or 5 full discs of rating.
My 10 categories are:
1. Quality of tee pads.
2. Quality of signage, both individual hole signs as well as a sign board and course layout at the hole one beginning location.
3. Course amenities. Benches at tees, garbage cans on course, disc bag posts/hooks, next tee arrows, etc.
4. Overall park amenities. Things like bathrooms, drinking fountains, playground areas, anything that improves the overall location.
5. Overall use of available terrain features. How well did the designers use what they had to work with?
6. Changes in elevation. Some courses have this occurring naturally. Others have created it. Either way it is vital that a good course is beyond flat… even in Iowa or Nebraska.
7. Variety of hole length. Is it mixed up? Some long, some short. Keep things interesting.
8. Tee and basket options. Are there tee options and/or alternate basket locations? Can the course be played different on different visits?
9. Signature hole? Is there one hole in specific that leaves an impression? Creates a unique memory?
10. Fun Factor - Purely subjective on my part. Did I have fun?
DeBusk park, Mesquite, TX
1. Yes. Good tee pads.
2. Yes. Good signage on posts. No main map. Next tee indicators on baskets. Easy to navigate course. Transition from 2 to 3 was easy to mess up… went to pad for 6, but was corrected fast
3. No. Park amenities are good, but course specific amenities are absent.
4. Yes. Overall nice clean park. Benches, BBQ grills, playground equipment, bathrooms, water fountain.
5. Yes. Quite well done here. Nice use of the creek and tree areas. All water plays on the right ('cept 3 but water is quite far left) which is ideal for classic RHBH throwers. I get the water willies easy and this course's water was not intimidating.
6. Yes. Existing elevation and terrain is incorporated well into course layout.
7. Yes. Some longer, some shorter. No real "big arm" stuff here, but a good mix is offered.
8. No. No tee or basket choices are offered.
9. Yes. I would designate #2 as a signature hole here… it has it all. Water, elevation, lay-up options, overall view of the park. Just a nicely done DG hole.
10. Yes. I had fun. This was my first course of the day and was a nice way to kick off a 3 course day
Rating = 8 yes, 2 no = 4 disc rating
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Fun, Fast and Clean
Pros: Great short course. Clean, open and neat layout. Hole two is a good one to try your distance arm on. All holes are marked clearly and you can't miss where the next hole is. Good course for beginners or just to kill some time.
Cons: Hole one is the shorts hole and has a patch of trees on either side. Few water hazzards, tall grass near the creek makes it easy to lose a disc if you aren't carefull.
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
I was amazed
Pros: I rated this one pretty high. I like a fun course, that still challenges me enough not to get bored. This course was the perfect blend. Some good length, they really used the creek bed well. Hole 2, wow, I just really loved this hole. This park was very nice, well groomed short grass. Every tee box is marked with a tall yellow pole, very easy to see, weather the sign is intact or not. Concrete tee boxes are here, which I'm more and more a fan of.
Cons: The walking trails criss-cross all over the course, we weren't there at a peak time, so not an issue, but on the weekend this could really suck. Hole one was really, really short. Several tee signs missing or in the process of breaking off.
Other Thoughts: So I can see why this course gets lower ratings. Several holes are defiantly easy. I rate courses on quality and fun. I played this the same day I played Lake Lewisville and Northlake Park, and really I had the most fun here. It was the cleanest park as well.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.