Great Meadows, NJ
Fields of Dreams DGC Share
Uploaded By: zapplayer12 Hole #3 (Taken 7/2009)

Just not quite there yet

5+    5/2/2010   5/2/2010
Review By: gregorvn
Pros: * Good signs
* Located in nice park with facilities
* Quality baskets
* Some interesting holes
Cons: * Most holes are either wide open or unforgivingly tight and narrow
* Serious undergrowth/thorns/vines etc. on the front nine
* Lots of time spent on searching for lost discs, high probability of losing a disc.
* Short, narrow teeboxes with bad footing
Other Thoughts: I hate to rate this course poorly, I really *want* to like this course. It's a tough course, that's for sure, but unlike some other tough courses (Nockamixon, for example) that just blew me up and make me want to come back for more, each time I play this course I like it less.

Some of the holes in the woods are pretty good, but so many of them are too tight, too overgrown, too blind. I hate having to search and search for my disc. I hate that when a drive goes two feet off the fairway it's buried behind stickers or vines and I have no shot.

And then you get into the field holes, and there are some serious safety issues. At the tournament today, someone hit a soccer player.

Again, I hate to talk down someone's hard work, and some of these issues will be fixed as they keep attacking the undergrowth, but some of the problems have to do with design and a few of these holes really should be redesigned.

This course has so much potential, and it's still very new. I look forward to improvements on this course.