1) It is very hard to lose a disc here. Not a lot of water or woods for that matter. Hole 10 might be the only hole that you could honestly lose a disc on.
2) Everything on the course plays as a par 3 and going from the regular tees to the advanced tees, definitely makes a difference in how challenging the hole/course becomes. Which is nice because some courses, there really isn't much of a difference. So if you get bored playing the regulars or if you have mastered those tees, try the advanced and I'm sure you will see a higher score that round.
3) Tons of shade
4) Plenty of holes that you should be able to let lose of a disc and not worry to much about going long or OB
5) Course is well kept, but even when it isn't, its not like you have to search for your disc very long. Grass never gets too long and their are no woods to shoot into making you have to search which is nice. When you want to play but don't want to have to worry about losing a disc, this course and L.L. WOODS are my go to courses.
1) popular course so it is busy a lot of the time even during the week.
2) TONS of trees. Especially from the advanced, you have even more in your line. If you get lucky you can get through, but you can also have a bad round and get super frustrated because you will some how find every tree on each hole.
3) due to how many trees there are, if it rains, this course can be muddy for quite some time. Due to the shade and moisture, it can get pretty nasty out there for majority of the holes. Then the tee pads get really nasty and hard to throw from. I would avoid this course if it's rained recently.
Other Thoughts: Great course though, one of my favorites. I wouldn't bring a noobie here though, they will find a tree almost every time which would most likely deter them from wanting to play again because they didn't have a good first time experience. Try LL Woods for a new player. You always want a friend who hasn't played before to have a good time and want to come back and play with you, this is not that course. They will double if not triple a lot of these holes. Trust me, I know. I've brought two friends with me separately and I had to convince them after 18 that not all courses are like that because they did not have fun. Doing bad at anything sucks.
Good, could be great
Pros: Nicely kept, challenging shots, signature holes.
Cons: I think a couple holes could be more well mowed, but that is probably due to all the rain we have had lately. If you want to go play somewhere and bomb throws off the tee, this isn't the course for you.
Other Thoughts: I'm a beginner, and found this course mildly frustrating. More likely it was just my bad play, but it seemed pretty difficult at times.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Very nice course.
All variety of shots wooded and open.
Well maintained for the most part.
A lot of work has been put into the course.
2 teepads for majority of the holes.
OB's make it interesting.
Cons: Not easy flow for a first timer.
Other Thoughts: Fun course would recommend to anyone.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: - Lots of shot selection/types
- Course is in good condition, easy to navigate through
- Lots of variety, long/short, elevation, tight/open
- Raised baskets are a great touch
- OBs add to the challenge
- Plenty of parking and trash cans
Cons: - Somewhat difficult to navigate the first time
Other Thoughts: Definitely worth stopping at if you're in the area.
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: Very nice course. shielded from the wind and sunlight for most of the course. The shade will make it nice in the hot summer.
Cons: It is easy to shoot at the wrong basket in several spots as has been discussed before, but I played with someone that was familiar with the course.
Other Thoughts: Hole 10 needed to be mowed, tall grass steals any chance for skips. I usually steer away from intercity courses but I was very happy with this one.
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Worth the trip!
1 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: -It would be hard to lose a disc here, unless you throw into someone's back yard.
-Generally well shielded from wind.
-Nice concrete tee pads and multiple tees.
-The elevated basket makes for a nice signature hole.
-Nice balance of open vs. wooded shots.
-Good elevation for a DFW course!
Cons: -Right off of 820, it's very noisy.
- The layout is weird and convoluted (but I'm glad they made a DG course with this abandoned gas well land.) It is easy to shoot at the wrong basket in several spots. Take a cellphone pic of the course map at the start!
Other Thoughts: When you come out here, make time to also check out Arcadia #2, which is 5-8 mins away. This makes for a great Saturday afternoon!
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Fun all around course
Pros: Most of the course with the exception of 13-15 is well shaded, which is great in the summer
Plenty of trees in the fairway. It's not the most difficult course, but you can use the trees to play with different lines.
The creek is clear and shallow, so you're not likely to lose a disc. Part or all of it is often dry in the summer.
Great use of limited space and elevation.
Concrete tees, and two on most holes.
Good place to bring friends who are new and still have a good time.
Cons: Some tee boxes are a little short for a good run up.
Not very intuitive layout. Hard to know where all the tees and pins are the first few times. Bring a map.
Need better numbers on the baskets. The first few times I played I threw at 18s pin on hole 2.
Blue baskets are hard to see even when you know where they are. I'm considering going in at night and painting them neon orange.
Other Thoughts: I was going to list litter as a con, but there are trash cans every few holes. It's not the courses fault, it's lazy players. Most of us carry bags...throw your empties in your bag until you get to a can!
For the area, it's one of the more wooded courses. Great for working your technical game and still has a few holes for long open drives.
Overall, it's a nice quiet secluded dg only area good for beginners and still fun though a bit short for advanced players. I live a mile away and am happy to call it my home course.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -Good Baskets
-Well thought out pin placements
-Great course design
-Multiple tee & pin positions
-Easy to navigate
-Well manicured park
-Uses variety of shots
-Some of the teepads were short
-Lack of parking (especially parking safe from discs)
-Lacked the pizazz required for a 4+ rating
Other Thoughts: This is a really great course. A course has to be really outstanding to me to receive over a 4, North Park is a great design - but lacks the individuality required for a 4+ rating.
That being said, the elevated basket on 11 in the tree was definitely a signature hole.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Good Middle of the Road Course
Pros: - This course is not as difficult as some of the DFW courses, but is still a fun course with many mandos to keep it interesting.
- There are multiple tee boxes and pin locations on this course, which also helps to keep it fresh.
Cons: - The hole layouts themselves can become quite monotonous. It feels a bit like playing the same hole over and over again sometimes.
Other Thoughts: A good beginner or tune-up course!
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Very nice park and course that is well taken care of. A lot of the holes have long and short teepads as well as as long and short pin placement. Baskets are really nice and course requires a lot of different shots. Some holes require a big arm and some require your finesse game to get around or thru trees.
Cons: The flow of the course was a little bit of a drag and included some added walking to try and find the next hole. Also it was a bummer to see trash out on the course. The trash wasn't too bad but they could use more trash cans to prevent it.
Other Thoughts: If your close its a must play, about a 20 min drive for me and I'm glad I made it, it was worth the drive. Would play again for sure.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.