Mattoon, IL
Lake Land College DGC Share
Uploaded By: HighFlyer88 Hole #2 (Taken 7/2010)

Lake Land

1    7/12/2013   7/13/2013
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: This is the first course I've ever encountered that has distances of the holes down to a hundredth of a foot. I thought it was funny, but it shows the immaculate precision of the course.

The baskets are in great condition, tee signs are more than one can ask for, and the tees are cement and pointed the right way. You can't really ask for much more than that in terms of equipment.

In terms of design, I would have liked to see the lake utilized a little bit for a risk/reward shot, but otherwise it's alright. There are definitely ace runs as well as a bomber hole you can open up on.

I love that this piece of land got a disc golf course on it. It's directly next to the college and allows for great exposure to the sport. It's basically exclusively for disc golf which is awesome.
Cons: In terms of cons, I think the only big issue I have with this is that it gets a bit repetitive. There aren't any super signature holes that make this course memorable. The terrain (outside of the lake), is pretty monotonous. I think this is a fairly typical course. I rate my courses on a normal distribution and this basically falls slightly under average and for a 9-holer, it's very average.
Other Thoughts: I played this course because it's directly in the middle of my girlfriends house and her sisters house and it was a great 40ish minute round to just take my mind off of driving. It's not a destination course but it's worthwhile to just chill out here for a while and increase the course count. Have fun!

5+    2/2/2009   2/22/2009
Review By: panther550
Pros: This course has some different looking holes, semi-challenging.
Cons: Someone decided to add signs and put them around the tee pad blocking your approach angles which is super annoying. People around this area dont understand that people may tart off the pad, lol.
Other Thoughts: I wish they would of brought the pond into play, could of been some sick holes.