Concord, NC
Dorton Park DGC Share

Not much to see here

1    12/18/2013   12/21/2013
Review By: Hector Chain
Pros: There are concrete pads and baskets.

It is a good place to work on your ace totals, particularly on hole 4, which is listed at 113 feet and is probably not even that.
Cons:
If you ace #4 (I did!), you start to wonder how short a hole has to be for you to not even count it in your ace totals. I paced the hole off, and it was 28 paces, so 113 feet probably isn't right. I was putting from the tee.

Design is not good. The course plays around and over a walking path that gets a lot of use. Hole 9 has a narrow alley with a dogleg, a shot that even a skilled player will have trouble with. Another hole (7?) plays along a murky, wide creek, where a beginner LHBH or RHFH shot could easily end up.

Flow is a little weird in some spots. Most of the shots are pretty open and uninteresting.
Other Thoughts: I played here because I had an hour of daylight left on the way back from Bradford. If you are introducing someone to the game, this works fine, but otherwise there just isn't much here.

D = Dis Course Needs Help!

5+    10/27/2006   4/20/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- D
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C