North Charleston, SC
Buccaneer Bay DGC Share
Uploaded By: Gamecock Hole #1 (Taken 12/2008)
3 / 154ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Not worth it...

2-4    12/20/2011   12/26/2011
Review By: bacord18
Pros: Nice campus
Cons: Out of the nine holes, only 6 are playable (missing hole #1 & 9 due to construction and hole #2 due to lack of a basket). First time I played I managed to go an entire round (all 6 holes) but the second time I got asked to leave after my second throw by the security guard lady. Most holes were missing the signs as well.
Other Thoughts: Summary: Don't bother wasting your time trying to sneak onto this course. There are much better courses in the area.

Not a bad course

1    5/29/2011   5/31/2011
Review By: scdarracott
Pros: The course is good for those who are learning or who want to work on their short game.
Cons: Missing signs and a nice size gator lives in the pond. The grass around some holes needs to be cut, but it might be better maintained during the school year.
Other Thoughts: Don't use a good disc on hole 7 unless you feel like being gator food!

dont worry about it being private!

1    2/16/2011   2/16/2011
Review By: abogstad
Pros: its putt putt for disc golf!
Cons: its really short and some of the tee signs are missing 6 and 7, but the poles they used to be on are visible from previous basket
Other Thoughts: if hassled by a fat lady gaurd, sorry, if its after 3 and not monday call me, 843-864-9645 and ill meet you there with my student id! im working on getting the school to allow all cdgc bag tag holders to play the course

"Touring the campus"

1    12/27/2010   12/27/2010
Review By: N8malibu
Pros: A good starter course is all that this place is, a place to get your feet wet if you've never played before. A nice location for a little pitch and putt. Hole 7 is a bit challenging if you're going to try to cross the water to be on the green in one throw, otherwise it's two mid ranges and a putt. Clean, well maintained, and reasonably well signed except for hole 7, look past the bridge between the two ponds, pin is on the left.
Cons: Pars are too high, I threw a -6 which for me is incredible on any other course. Secret password required to get on the course to begin with! If you're only in town for a short time, this course can be skipped, although it is a nice little walk. As a New England golfer, too many wide open shots for me.
Other Thoughts: First round I played here, the security guard asked me what I was doing here, I told her I wanted to play disc golf at their course. After a funny look, she said that she couldn't let me in unless I had business there, was a student, or wanted to "tour the campus." That sounded much more fun than a round so I said that was why I was there! Do yourself a favor and rather than try to explain what disc golf is for the ten millionth time to someone who doesn't care, tell them you are there to tour the campus. She did take my drivers' license and plate # but I got in and played a quick round with no problem.

2-4    8/4/2009   8/5/2009
Review By: scfirechef
Pros: Wide open drives.
Cons: Water on a few holes.
Other Thoughts: This course is a fun quick play. But I think it builds a false confidence in some newer players. Some of the holes have a par that is too high. My crew and I do realy enjoy playing it when we're looking for a fun, not too competitive round.

1    12/28/2008   12/29/2008
Review By: heelboycraig
This review was updated on 6/9/2009
Pros: Great location for a course. Nice, clean scenery playing around the lake.
- Easy course to navigate. Good tee signs.
- Easy course, except for 7, with plenty of birdie chances.
- Playing around the lake reminded me of a mini-Winthrop Lakefront, all the way down to mini/shorter holes.
- Water really only comes in to play on #7. There's a "creek" about 1 foot deep that runs in front of the baskets for #2 - 4. The basket for #5 is near the water, but you'd really have to pull a throw for it to come close.
- There are also several ball golf greens throughout the course, so you can get your fix of both types of golf in one stop.
Cons: There is only one real challenging hole on the whole course. #7 is a 400 ft hole over water, and that even has an alternate tee to make it easier.
- With 2 long holes, #7 & 9 and all other hole being short and/or easy, it makes you wonder who they're trying to appeal to. The casual player will struggle on the 2 long holes, better players will be bored with all other holes.
- The course probably gets crowded with students lounging around the lake during the school year.
Other Thoughts: Course is listed as private because it's on a college campus. I parked in the lot near the football stadium and had no problem playing.
-It's always a good thing when colleges have disc golf courses. Best way to get people hooked on the game.
- There seems to be a lot of room around the football stadium and practice field to add another 9 holes, or at least make the current course more challenging.
- This is the easiest 9 hole course in Charleston, but it gets a higher mark than the Naval Station because of the scenery, ground conditions and location.