2 Helpful / 3 Not
dont worry about it being private!
Pros: its putt putt for disc golf!
Cons: its really short and some of the tee signs are missing 6 and 7, but the poles they used to be on are visible from previous basket
Other Thoughts: if hassled by a fat lady gaurd, sorry, if its after 3 and not monday call me, 843-864-9645 and ill meet you there with my student id! im working on getting the school to allow all cdgc bag tag holders to play the course
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Great location for a course. Nice, clean scenery playing around the lake.
- Easy course to navigate. Good tee signs.
- Easy course, except for 7, with plenty of birdie chances.
- Playing around the lake reminded me of a mini-Winthrop Lakefront, all the way down to mini/shorter holes.
- Water really only comes in to play on #7. There's a "creek" about 1 foot deep that runs in front of the baskets for #2 - 4. The basket for #5 is near the water, but you'd really have to pull a throw for it to come close.
- There are also several ball golf greens throughout the course, so you can get your fix of both types of golf in one stop.
Cons: There is only one real challenging hole on the whole course. #7 is a 400 ft hole over water, and that even has an alternate tee to make it easier.
- With 2 long holes, #7 & 9 and all other hole being short and/or easy, it makes you wonder who they're trying to appeal to. The casual player will struggle on the 2 long holes, better players will be bored with all other holes.
- The course probably gets crowded with students lounging around the lake during the school year.
Other Thoughts: Course is listed as private because it's on a college campus. I parked in the lot near the football stadium and had no problem playing.
-It's always a good thing when colleges have disc golf courses. Best way to get people hooked on the game.
- There seems to be a lot of room around the football stadium and practice field to add another 9 holes, or at least make the current course more challenging.
- This is the easiest 9 hole course in Charleston, but it gets a higher mark than the Naval Station because of the scenery, ground conditions and location.
9 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.