North Charleston, SC
Buccaneer Bay DGC Share
Uploaded By: Gamecock Hole #1 (Taken 12/2008)
3 / 154ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

"Touring the campus"

1    12/27/2010   12/27/2010
Review By: N8malibu
Pros: A good starter course is all that this place is, a place to get your feet wet if you've never played before. A nice location for a little pitch and putt. Hole 7 is a bit challenging if you're going to try to cross the water to be on the green in one throw, otherwise it's two mid ranges and a putt. Clean, well maintained, and reasonably well signed except for hole 7, look past the bridge between the two ponds, pin is on the left.
Cons: Pars are too high, I threw a -6 which for me is incredible on any other course. Secret password required to get on the course to begin with! If you're only in town for a short time, this course can be skipped, although it is a nice little walk. As a New England golfer, too many wide open shots for me.
Other Thoughts: First round I played here, the security guard asked me what I was doing here, I told her I wanted to play disc golf at their course. After a funny look, she said that she couldn't let me in unless I had business there, was a student, or wanted to "tour the campus." That sounded much more fun than a round so I said that was why I was there! Do yourself a favor and rather than try to explain what disc golf is for the ten millionth time to someone who doesn't care, tell them you are there to tour the campus. She did take my drivers' license and plate # but I got in and played a quick round with no problem.

2-4    8/4/2009   8/5/2009
Review By: scfirechef
Pros: Wide open drives.
Cons: Water on a few holes.
Other Thoughts: This course is a fun quick play. But I think it builds a false confidence in some newer players. Some of the holes have a par that is too high. My crew and I do realy enjoy playing it when we're looking for a fun, not too competitive round.