Elkins, WV
Davis & Elkins College DGC Share
Uploaded By: knettles Hole #1 (Taken 8/2012)

It's disc golf

1    6/19/2015   6/22/2015
Review By: brian j
Pros: This course is located on the campus of Davis & Elkins College in beautiful Elkins, WV. Course makes good use of elevation and 2 of the 9 holes throw from the top of the hill. Holes are long enough to be challenging and not easy birdies.
Cons: Navigation is difficult. I copied the map from this site onto my phone and was able to find all the tees but with out the map I would have been screwed.

Targets are old Instep baskets with single chains.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't have gone out of my way to play this course but since I was passing through Elkins I stopped for a quick round. Bring a map, you'll need it.

The Swamp

1    4/4/2015   4/7/2015
Review By: Boyce
Pros: This is a lot of repeats of previous reviews, so I'll keep it succinct: beautiful campus, good eats close by, beautiful campus.
Cons: Tees are very hard to find. The bottom, flat area is wet and swamp-like a lot of the time. It's a short course. The campus can be busy with activity, which would hinder play. Two of the baskets are close to the tennis courts, which were occupied on the day that I played.

Good potential

1    8/3/2012   8/3/2012
Review By: MikeLee89
Pros:
Other Thoughts: I agree completely w the other reviews here. There is good terrain for disc golf and it's a beautiful campus. Also agree that it is hard to navigate the course. Only difference I have to add, is that the baskets are now numbered and there are marked areas to tee from. They aren't obvious by any means, but there are small wooden plaques in the ground indicating the tees. I didn't find them all, but I found a few. The first tee is when you first come onto campus on the left. The first basket you see is the #9 basket. The first basket is on the corner before you pull left up the hill. The course goes in a counterclockwise circle in front of the school. I originally only saw 7 baskets but found the other two. The 4th and 5th baskets are down beside the stage by the tennis court. I agree this course would be muh better if it had obvious Rees and directions but it has good potential for sure! Playing safari would be great here as well considering you can see multiple baskets from one place. Not worth traveling to, but I'd you are in the area, kind of fun to play around on