Loup City, NE
Jenner's Park Share
Uploaded By: gfellerjm Hole #8 (Taken 7/2009)

Hidden Gem

1    8/31/2009   4/7/2011
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: A hilly and very well manicured small town park course. It manages to separate itself from the others by playing cottonwoods, elevation, and around an ancient zoo. Wooden tee posts mark the course and give the distance to the basket. The pin positions are logical. The distance from basket to next tee is not a mystery. The course travels to every interesting portion of the park. There is a good mix of hilltop tee shots and hilltop basket locations. The person in the city or county in charge of caring for this park does an amazing job. This park really stands out in this regard. You could play barefoot without a care in the world.

For a traveling disc golfer this is one of those courses to get that takes some work, this town is in the middle of nowhere, and off the beaten path to boot. It's not an easy get, and for that reason I am very happy to count this course amongst my played courses. I plan to play every course in the state of Nebraska someday and this little hidden gem is in a geographically odd spot. The old zoo make this course very unique and memorable.
Cons: It's the dreaded nine hole park course. Very minor gripe; you have to throw from the grass I always feel a little tired when I have to tee off from a thick blanket of park grass. The map on this site, the only map I know of, does not resemble the course at all. I think it would only be useful in getting a rough idea of the layout of the park. The restroom was locked when I played it. The town seemed to be constructing something along the first hole. I hope that project is over by now. Concrete tees and nine more holes with a bench or two would add well to this park.
Other Thoughts: I have to say the course is ordinary, to very clean, which is better than ordinary. I would recommend this course to anyone in the area because your options are limited at this point. I took a trip through the non I-80 parts of central Nebraska and the Ord/Burwell/Loup City combination together was very fun. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Small Town Gem

1    7/5/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: gfellerjm
Pros: This is a wonderfully fun little course in a beautiful city park. It is fairly open however the designer did a good job of using the few trees to make the holes a little more challenging. Also there are a lot of hills in this park. They are used more then the trees to make the course challenging and fun. Holes 1, 7, and 9 are all blind because they through over hills. The course was very easy to follow. It has Discatchers so finding the next pin is easy and the next tee is always within 20ft-ish of the previous pin. This is very usefully because the map on this site is totally wrong. The signs are more then adequate, giving the tee number, distance and general direction.
Cons: The bathrooms weren't all that great, there were no paper towels or trash cans in either one. We played in early July and in the words of my fiance there was "cotton everywhere." Lastly the tees are the simply 4x4 with a sign style, no actual pad or front marker.
Other Thoughts: Be careful putting on #1; too long of a put will send you into the old zoo cages over the cliff! All in all this is a wonderful, fun and challenging course in a town of just less then a thousand people. If this course was closer it would for sure be one of my favorites.