3 Helpful / 0 Not
When do I get my Merit Badge?
- Dave242's Appalachian Beauty. Now I know what Dave242 means when he says "Appalachian Beauty". The course itself has a small creek on many holes, a meadow, mountain views, virgin hardwood forests, a huge spider, deer tracks, etc… The course is beautiful; the holes are beautiful; the camp is beautiful; heck, even the drive there is beautiful. It definitely felt like you were surrounded by wilderness.
- For the Kids. I can't imagine what it must be like to spend the summer at Camp Ravens Knob. Archery, ropes course, rock climbing, canoeing, swimming in the lake, etc… and then you add Disc Golf. Sign me up! This course is going to expose a lot of kids to the game and it was designed well for that purpose.
- A Few Really Good Holes. For a 9-Hole "Kids" course, there were some great holes here. Good looking fairways with a meandering creek and big trees, great basket locations, use of elevation… overall really well done. Fairways were extremely well manicured.
- Very Private. I don't know what their policy is on the general public playing it; but, I don't think the course is very accessible… Which is understandable... so, technically not a "Con".
- Private. I was at Camp Raven Knob on business and therefore had an "in"… after our meeting I asked if I could play the course and they said yes. Lucky Me!
- My Rating. I know it's going to look really weird to see my rating next to Olorin's rating (since, he's the Man when it comes to reviewing courses)… so I guess I feel the need to explain:
First of all, because I had an "in", I was able to drive my car all the way to Hole 1 and didn't have to walk the more than ¾ of a mile from the visitor parking lot… that would have ruined it for me too.
Second, the meadow didn't have as tall of grass and because they had signs, navigation was a breeze.
And third, I gave 0.5 discs for having baskets, tee-pads (hard dirt bordered by rocks and logs) and signs; then I gave another 0.5 discs for beauty and shot quality. Thus, 2.5 Discs.
- My Score: -6 (on 9). Even though the course is relatively short, you have to make some golf shots.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.