Kansas City, MO
Kessler Park (Cliff Drive) Share
Uploaded By: scarpfish Hole #1 (Taken 9/2009)
Hole #1 Tee: Through tunnel and then right

5+    7/30/2011   8/3/2011
Review By: jbradley266
Pros: - The best front nine I've ever played.
- A huge variety of shots
- Excellent use of elevation and wooded area.
- Challenging but not overly difficult
- A freaking basket hanging from the side of a rock.
Cons: - Not in the best neighborhood
Other Thoughts: I feel like this should be the best course or at least one of the best in the city/area. It has something for everyone, tight technical holes, extreme elevation changes, long wide open holes, just the right amount lefty and righty holes and a freaking basket hanging off the side of a rock. If this course was in any other part of the city it would be right up there.

It may not be the best course for beginners to start with. The better I get the more that enjoy playing this course, it's not easy but not insanely difficult, I'm looking at you Blue Valley. Just the right amount of challenge. I have to admit that the back nine (really #11 - #18) isn't all that much fun for me; not because of the course but because of my weenie arm. I did lose a disc (almost two) in the old municipal reservoir that I was fond of so that's probably peppering my opinion. But with that out of the way, I really love the front nine. Control and finesse is the name of the game and every hole has something interesting about it. The use of elevation and the woods is spectacular and oh…did I mention that there is a freaking basket hanging off the side of a rock on #8. It's the best front nine I have played so far and each time I play it seems to get better.

However, every time I play there I find myself wondering, "Where is everyone, why isn't this course crowded?" This course is better than most of the more popular courses that are always crowded, I'm looking at you Rosedale. But then I'm quickly reminded when I run into a load of trash some dumped or an unwanted pet someone left or come across a homeless couple living directly behind #2's basket, seriously right behind it. I had to lay up in order to keep my disc out of their bedroom, which was probably the right shot anyways. In all fairness someone has been showing this course some love lately because when I was there last it was super clean; maybe the couple living on #2 is also cleaning it up. I haven't even mentioned the suspect neighborhood you have drive through to get there but it's probably not the worst, here's looking at you Swope. I think that you can feel a little cornered and there's not much traffic. There always seems to be some creepy guy living in his car by #12, right about in range of my driver. I just consider it as an obstacle and laid up, avoiding the creepy guy "trap" if you will. It may also suffer some from being too close to Water Works a slightly better, more balanced, and safer course. I think the thing that really holds this course back is that it's a scary place to go and play which is a shame because this course is one of the best in the city.

Gotta play this one

2-4    5/15/2010   5/15/2010
Review By: Justsendit
Pros: This is by far my favorite course in KCMO. Easily one of my favorite courses in the US. I won't get into the break down of holes and such, but I enjoyed the technical and long aspects of this course a great deal. The holes were laid out in an amazing fashion. There were a few holes that were easily in the most visually apealing and also best usage of natural terrain that I have seen. Designed very well and alot of work has been done there to build better steps on the hills and nicer tee pads. There are alot of letfy friendly holes that are pretty technical for a righty backhander.
The only course in KC that I have to play everytime I am here.
Cons: The usual comments ring true here.
The only con on the course is, No maps, No signs. Used my phone to find a map and distances.
Parking was pretty shaky. I understood what one reviewer spoke about in trying to find a spot out of the way. It was a little muddy and can be pretty slick not that it is a con, just a consideration .
Other Thoughts: You definately do not want to go into the reservoir!
Thank you to the KCFDC and the KC municipalities for this gem of a course.

6-6-6 Describes It Best...

1    9/24/2009   9/25/2009
Review By: Jayl3ird
Pros: First 6 holes were technical and heavily wooded. Loved em. Probably the coolest set of 6 holes in the city in my opinion. There is a Par 3 hole that is over 700ft. Bombs away.
Cons: As previously stated, Needs a marquee/sign showing you were to begin and displaying a course map. Better "next hole" signage would have made this course "The Ultimate" for me.
Other Thoughts: I'd highly suggest playing this course in the morning/early afternoon as there are some homeless "camp sites" throughout the woods.

5+    8/22/2009   8/24/2009
Review By: jlowekc
Pros: Good mix of 6-6-6 design, though many will say 9 wooded, 9 open, it is actually;
6-heavily wooded
6-techinical in light wood
6-more open

The new pads are very nice, as are the tee pads.
Cons: Need benches, and restrooms factilities, a marquee, and better trash receptacles. Parking is as it gets in the park.
Other Thoughts: Coming along nicely, more work continues to get done here, please come and play, let me know if you ahve any questions.