So much potential but so much trash
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: - Nice course that makes use of elevation
- Nice bomb shots (1/16)
- More technical holes on the front 9
- Tee pads are all cement and in good condition
- Fairway was recently mowed
- The rough is somewhat forgiving so that you shouldn't have a tough time getting back on the fairway from an errant shot
- Restroom (port-o-potty), water and vending machines at the beginning (end) of 1 (18)
Cons: - Signs are in poor condition or are missing - basket location is deceiving and distances are not accurate
- Can be very muddy after a small rain or early in the year - mostly pertains to the front 9
- Can be very crowded late afternoon/early evening - early/mid morning is the best time to go to beat the crowds
- There is a lot of litter (beer cans in the rough and stuck on trees, and MANY broken bottles) - if it weren't for so much broken glass I'd add another star to the course but this is a safety issue that gets worse every year
- Some repetitiveness (2/11/13 come to mind)
- Less technical holes on the back 9 - mostly straight shots from the shorts and some trees to make for some different but boring lines from the longs
- Major erosion occurring throughout the course
Other Thoughts: - Favorite hole: 16 is a very beautiful bomb shot
- Least favorite hole: 2 - just a short, straight shot on the way to 3
Overall a course with some potential, especially from the longs. This course is lacking a lot of love and is being destroyed by the lack of care and by many of the "frolfers" who would rather treat the course as their personal trash can. It's sad to see so much garbage including broken glass 10' from a trash bin. Perhaps pay-to-play would help keep a lot of the trash chuckers off the course while also helping to restore the beauty that this course once had. This course plays to the beginner and somewhat to the intermediate players - advanced/pro will not be challenged by this course. Go to Stable Run DGC and enjoy the last bit of beauty that course has to offer before it gets trashed too.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.