2 Helpful / 0 Not
Short Beginner 9, not 19:
Pros: 4'x3' rubber tees (this could be viewed as a con, but it's better than dirt or mud). Basic signs with hole number on them. Scorecards available in a mailbox on hole 1's sign post. Nice DiscCatcher baskets with hole number(s) on them. Most holes ace runs. All holes birdie-able. Hole 2: nice tight gab between trees straight to the basket, or a wide RHBH anny shot. Fence along left side of fairway on hole 3; OB beyond. Very close to I-5. Could be used as a practice or warm-up course. Some holes at or near 300' (but most are shorter). Restrooms on site. Low traffic.
Cons: Most of the course is completely wide open and completely flat. Some tee pads are missing. Some signs are missing. Short grass but most of it is brown and dead; not well maintained. Most holes are very short and not challenging at all. Only 9 baskets and tee pads, not 19. Hole 5's basket is pretty close to the sidewalk and road. Mediocre layout; there isn't much you really could do with the space, but I still feel the layout could be better. Some holes play close to one another.
Other Thoughts: This is an open, easy beginner 9 hole course. Not a 19. On all the signs and baskets they have their normal 1-9 numbers in black, but in front of all of them in white is a "1". I'm not sure how that adds up to 19, even if you played the same exact holes twice. Where's 10? Anyway, this is a quick easy 9 hole that could be great for a quick round on a lunch break, or to practice approaches and putting. It could also serve as a good warm-up course. Safari is possible due to the low traffic, but it's so wide open that it would get boring for experienced players.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Breaking from the 5
- Rubber teepads with the hole # on each one
- Friendly locals willing to show me around
- Recently expanded to 19 holes
- Well maincured park with short grass
- New holes help add alot of distance
- Good place to teach beginers
- Nice break from the long drive that is I-5
- New trees have been planted on the original 9, in 20 years it will be a nicely wooded course
Cons: - Very few mature trees
- Signs and basket #'s arn't acurate for the new layout
- New 10 holes are on school grounds, so they are only playable on weekends or after school hours
- A few baskets on the new 10 holes, as well as some on the original course, are trashed. One to the point that it was only suported by the bolt under the cage.
- Original 9 are very short and straight forward, there isn't much variety or distance.
- The new 10 are mostly open and straight ahead, not much variety except for distance and a couple of holes with trees.
Other Thoughts: This is realy a prety boring course without much to offer except for a place for locals to play and a place for weary travelers to stop from their journys up the 5. They did recently expand the course to include 10 holes that play on the grounds of the school next door. I probably wouldn't have noticed that there were the 10 holes on the school grounds if I hadn't been playing with a group of locals. These holes of course are only playable when school is not in session. The new holes don't have signs yet, but their teepads are marked with the hole # and an arrow pointing at the basket. The baskets on the old course are Innova Disc Catchers while the baskets on the new course are Lightning baskets. The ones on the school grounds are definatly taking a punisment from the kids there, as some are bent and one is fully broken all the welds around where the cage and the poll meet, and its literaly hanging on by the bolt under it.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Short and Sweet
Pros: Grass field; close to I-5.
Cons: Very short; no elevation change.
Other Thoughts: I applaud the Rotary Club for getting this course installed! I'm not sure how the weekend or summer crowds are, but I think there is some potential for conflict with other park users. It's a nice way to break up the drive on I-5.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.