Rovaniemi, Finland
Lapin Urheiluopisto Share
Uploaded By: hollman Hole #2 (Taken 5/2016)

Nearly has it all

1    5/18/2016   5/30/2016
Review By: hollman
Pros: Great variety: left, right, straight, up, and down, and distance. Heavily wooded, but you won't lose a disc because of the lack of ground cover (rocks everywhere). One of the more scenic courses you will play. The signage needs just minor improvements to be great. Not your typical park course.
Cons: There are a couple holes that appear to overlap, but it's not bad. The flow is well marked and easy to follow with the exception of problems we had finding signage for holes 6 and 7. I did not include pictures of these two holes because I was not sure I was at the proper tee location. A couple of the baskets appeared to be a bit old, but most appeared to be recently updated.
Other Thoughts: I normally wouldn't comment on other reviews, but since this course currently only has my review and one other review, and because there is great disparity between the two reviews, I should probably comment. This course is one of the best I have played. It is hands down worth a two-hour drive, in my opinion. The other review is from three years ago and I suspect the course has been improved since that time. I really didn't find many flaws with the course with the exception of a couple hard-to-find signs and maybe a couple overlapping areas. If you are one of those people who enjoys getting out in nature and hiking around while playing, then this course is perfect. I enjoyed the challenge and variety of this course while also not having to worry about losing a disc. The heavy rock cover also made the disc landings interesting and provided a fun challenge to footing placement after the initial tee off. Please look at the photos I've uploaded (previously none existed) and make up your own mind as to whether or not this is your type of course.

Cluttered and Overlapping

2-4    9/1/2013   9/6/2013
Review By: willsmithfinland
Pros: Nine holes conveniently located by sports park and hiking areas. There are also trash cans placed at certain holes, so beer cans have a nice place to sleep.
Cons: The holes are very close to one another with exception to Hole 8.

Each hole has signage, yet the path to the basket is not indicated, so you may throw at the wrong basket.

The holes also overlap, for instance the path to a tee can go through the approach path of another hole.
Other Thoughts: Overall, the course is good for a quick nine holes and you don't really have to worry about losing a disc.

I am not a fan of the course's baskets, namely the chains. The Meilahti course, built in the '80s, has similar chains, so you might get putting rage.

The course location seemed to offer a lot of space, so I am not sure why more holes have not been added or the current holes repositioned. I write that because the course felt like a roller kind of course to avoid all the trees and other players.

Most of the cons are minor issues, yet I didn't enjoy the course that much. It would be interesting if the holes were renumbered and/or repositioned. For example, the tee and basket for holes 8, 7, 6 are switched and the course starts at Hole 8.