Faribault, MN
Wapacuta DGC Share
Uploaded By: tiggeron Hole #6 (Taken 7/2013)
3 / 213ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Good park to take beginners

1    6/25/2012   6/25/2012
Review By: sheepweevil
Pros: I brought my girlfriend here today and we had a great time. On longer courses she usually needs to do two drives to reach the hole, but here she was able to practice her approach. She also got her first birdie today with a great 20 foot putt on hole 7!

I really liked hole 4, a sharp dogleg left with some mature trees guarding the best throwing line. I also liked hole 9, an elevated tee with a small opening to throw through, with the basket visible.

Even though it's short, the course is well designed and has multiple types of holes. I used all of my shots on at least one hole (backhand, forehand, and hammer).

Navigation is no problem, and the flow is good except for a little backtracking to get to tee 7. There are signs on every hole listing distance. There's a box by hole 1 with score cards - there were some in there when we went. The baskets were all in good condition.

If short holes don't annoy you too much, this course may pleasantly surprise you.
Cons: Hole #8 can be very frustrating. The basket is on top of a steep hill and protected by trees, which can result in bad rolls.

I saw broken glass in many places around the course.

An overthrow on hole 1 (easy as it is downhill) can put your disc in a lawn or driveway.

I think some of the hole distances listed on the signs are off, just by comparing some of the holes to each other. There aren't any hole maps, so we had a little trouble finding the holes 4 and 8 baskets.
Other Thoughts: It was dry today so we had no problem with muddy tees. However, since they are all dirt I would definitely avoid this course if it has rained in the past few days.

Short but tricky

1    7/4/2009   7/7/2009
Review By: widespread55
Pros: The course was pretty well marked with tee signs and no questions on where the next hole was. The designer was able to make this course about as difficult as they could with the limited space and resources they had. I loved the gimmick hole on #6. It sits higher up on a round retaning wall. Good mix for leftys and rightys. Good mix of open and wooded holes as well.
Cons: Not too much elevation. Grass tees can get muddy. Pretty short.
Other Thoughts: I will be back