1 Helpful / 0 Not
Short but fun
Pros: -Nice baskets with blue paint on them. Gives this course its own feel.
-Good signage on the holes that haven't been vandalized.
-Lots of trees for a challenge but there are always a lane or two to throw down. The trees are mature and they look good. The course is aesthetically pleasing.
-Benches on a few holes but you really shouldn't need a break, this course is short
-Lots of other stuff to do at the park.
-Solid parking lot
-Many ace and birdie ops
-A decent mix of shots needed. Like I said it is fairly wooded so you don't always get to choose what you are going to throw. The lanes may force a shot or two.
-A good intermediate course. It is a pretty easy course but the trees might make it frustrating for the beginners. This would be a good course to learn precision though.
-I thought the basket placement one hole one was a little annoying. I don't like the use of fences as an obstacle.
Cons: -Some signs missing most likely due to vandalism
-Have to watch out for other park users, especially the bike/walking path that crosses a few holes
-This course is short. As long as you hit the right line you should be able to drive every hole. Hole 5 might be the exception.
-Could be very busy and this is also causing erosion on parts of the course
-Could be buggy, not when I went but other reviews mention it.
Other Thoughts: Other than this course being very short, I loved it. Even the shortness didn't bother me. I would rather have a course be too short than too long. This gives you much excitement as you aim for aces and putt for birdies. I thought this course was fun and pretty well kept overall. They could use some erosion control and new signs on the missing ones. I would recommend this course if you are in the area but it's not really a destination course.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice but small
- Good use of available space
- Variety of cover
- Fast course
- Course flow is good for the most part
- Most holes have signs
- Low traffic
- Very very short
- Aging course
- You WILL hit trees
For a park this size, this is a great course. Especially considering there is a playground, pavillion, basketball court, baseball and soccer fields and an ice rink also located in Brekke. When entering the parking lot the first hole is on the right side, the last hole ends on the left side.
I don't like the basket placement. It is right behind a chain fence, if it were moved 10 feet back it would be fine.
Anhyzer is the best shot here, but there might be people in the way if they are playing basketball.
Long and narrow fairway lined by tall pines. No matter what tree you hit though this is easily a 2 par hole.
Anhyzer shot works perfect, you will need to thread the needle if you want to throw a hyzer. Cinderblocks and boards are used to make a few benches at this hole. Sign mising
This is probably the longest shot, and it's angled so you will not be very likely to land very close to the basket. A nice change from the other holes.
This is a really dinky hole. Short and uphill, there are tree stumps everywhere. This is probably the worst hole.
Basket is near the tee for hole 6 so don't peg anyone. Tucked behind woods nicely, hard to get a shot through.
This is on the edge and you have the road behind you. Another really short hole. Straight forward shot will get you there, although there are a few trees blocking the way.
Only break-down of the flow, it is further away from the rest of the holes. There are pretty worn paths between the holes but still could use a next tee sign. Short hole with some tree cover. Scored my first ace on this hole!
I would've rated this a 2.5 if I hadn't gotten my first ace here I think. It is a nice place to improve your short game. As always, make it a stop if you're around but don't drive out of the way for it.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
I'm a Brekke . . . Live Long and Propser
Pros: 1) DGA Signs do the job for the most part on this self explanatory short course. Hole #, distance, par, and the obstacles are shown.
2) Rules sign at the first tee is always good to see.
3) Mach baskets with the number plate facing the tees. The basket itself is painted blue for some reason (not sure if it helps visibility or not, just worth noting).
4) There are benches in a few spots and garbage cans along the way.
5) This is a really quick play . . . I played all 9 in 19 minutes.
6) Moderate elevation changes on a couple holes.
7) #3 is like a mini (recreational)
version of Blue Ribbon Pines #4.
8) Very nice trees on this course ranging from some hardwoods to very mature Pine trees that factor in your shot making.
9) The park has plenty of amenities including a portopotty, hockey rinks, baseball, soccer, a pavilion, etc.
10) Beginner friendly course that still challenges first timers. The woods are some tough shots, but short enough beginners can recover from an errant shot.
11) #9 has the biggest directional sign I have ever seen making sure you don't miss your next tee. It makes the awkward walk to the tee more enjoyable.
Cons: 1) The course does not see much distance variation, with holes in the 120-240' range. Those are all mid-range shots for anyone with experience in the game.
2) Wood framed gravel tee-boxes are better than turf but still not equal to concrete.
3) There are a couple places where an errant disc might be dangerous for someone else on another hole. Hole #2 also might be dangerous for other park users depending on the time of year (hockey or basketball areas). Hole #1 might also require a shot over the corner of a soccer field. A turned over disc might go into one of the nets!
4) I generally just don't like unnatural obstacles and the fence along #1 is not my favorite . . . but it does do the job of forcing a particular shot. It is worse because it makes the basket completely blind. I just threw to the end of the fence with a hyzer and parked it (blindly).
5) Not enough variety in shot shaping here, it is generally the hyzer shot.
Other Thoughts: All in all I enjoyed this course and if I didn't already have plans on a bunch more courses during the day I would have played another couple rounds because it takes a little getting used to each hole here and I bet the scores can go way down.
It isn't the most glamorous, or the most challenging, but there are a lot of fun holes to throw out here. Truthfully even though they are short, there isn't a weak hole out here in my opinion. They all have something different about them and challenge you to execute your shot. Because it is almost always a mid-range there isn't much chance you will be hurt by going for the basket. You really should always be able to recover for a 3 . . . almost always!
It was the perfect way for me to warmup before going to a few more courses on the day. Very enjoyable even though it is short.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Bring all the putters you might think you hate.
Pros: Great course to work on trick shots and to fine tune that short game! Other then that it is well maintained and you can zip through in less than a half hour. It really is a good place for your short game or like I said some trick shot that has been giving you issue that is purely what I go there for.
Cons: Its all short and watch out for disc poachers along the fence when you come out of the woods and going down the hill. Also, lock your car and put valuables in the boot because the grommets in this area are little hoodlums and thats ok because the prison is so close to the course!
Other Thoughts: watch out if you are wearing sandals! When they chopped all of the smaller trees down they left in place a bout an inch to inch and a half stump in place. Now take that and times it by "X" and you have a bloodied foot. Trust me, wear some shoes and still watch your step, the place is dangerous if your a klutz.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: short course, have lots of opportunities for aces. Lots of woods and obstacles. 2 holes have fences going parallel so you can throw it off the fence (kind of like bumpers in bowling) which I thought was pretty neat. Not usually crowded.
Cons: The holes are pretty dang short.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.