Dunedin, FL
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #2A

Huge Waste of Time

1    12/28/2011   12/29/2011
Review By: arajski
Pros: Baskets - They have baskets.

Alternate fairways - The back 9 has SOME holes where you shoot at the basket from completely different angles making those few holes feel very different than the front 9.
Cons: Layout - This course looks like drunk 4 year old designed it. If you look at a map, you can see fairways crossing each other. The "tee pads" for some holes are in the fairway of other holes. The course is a 9 hole course with alternate "tee pads."

Direction - I had no idea where I was going half the time. I had a map of the course and I still had are hard time figuring my way around.

Holes 1/10, 2/11, 3/12 - The first 3 holes are a joke; they are through the woods with barely any fairway windows. There are trees everywhere on those holes. It seems like they ran out of room when designing this course and randomly put them here.

Hole 9 - This hole was terrible. The fairway is tiny surrounded by the "parking lot" and little creek.

Variety - There was barely any variety. I never pulled out my drivers, I only played with midranges and putters.

Parking Lot - There was no parking here. I was told that where ever I park, my car was likely to get hit.

Pads - The course didn't have any tee pads, it was just dirt holes.
Other Thoughts: My friend and I could really only play the front 9 holes. We were bored by hole 6. This is the worse course I've ever played. I went there just because I want to play all the courses in the area. But it honestly looks like they saw a plot of land, closed their eyes and started planning. If you are even a mildly decent disc golfer, do not go here. It isn't worth the gas it would take to drive there.

North Pinellas Practice Course

8/5/2003   9/11/2007
Review By: jaymon1
Pros: Shot mixture required - a couple moderately long, couple unique touch shots too
Other Thoughts: Hammock Park is a junior member of Pinellas County's great line-up of courses. This one plays short and mostly in the open in a basic municipal park. Hammock Park lacks the amenities of many courses, with only wooden stakes to mark tees (and a couple are missing), only stickers to mark the baskets, and no tee pads at all.

The Hammock Park course does feature some variety, however. Three holes require moderate but very well placed drives to have a reasonable approach at well protected baskets. Another, #2, is a unique challenge, short but requiring a precise shot through the palms, with a canal on the right, water just behind the basket, and a forboding palmetto thicket to the left. And finally, three other holes do require relatively long drives with obstacles to avoid.

Without the help of locals, you'll need to scout this course extensively before throwing. Standing at #1 for instance, you'll see three baskets that seem like reasonable targets (and you'll see five of the nine baskets on the course), but the correct basket is hooked back in the palms on the left, not visible from the first tee. But the course is so small, this scouting shouldn't take long. Otherwise, this course would be good for beginners or practice before stepping up to the more typical challenge of Coachman or Taylor Lake, the unique and unforgiving Tocobaga, or the groomed, beautiful, and challenging Cliff Stephens.

#2 - unique touch hole, short toss at right height through palms and palmetto thicket, avoiding water to right and just behind basket.