St. Bonifacius, MN
Crown College Share
Uploaded By: emiller3 Hole #6 (Taken 7/2010)
3 / 215ft.   3 / 334ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Remote Gem

5+    11/2/2009   11/2/2009
Review By: Waddly Hobbins
This review was updated on 5/3/2010
Pros: -Dual Cement Pads
-Well labeled signs
-Mach III Baskets
-Well Mowed
-Plenty of parking (northwest of main building)
-Holes 1-6, 8-10,17, and 18 are very nice holes and worth playing the course for
-Course loops around back to start area
-Good use of water and elevation
-Hard to lose a disc
-Very clean course, well maintained.
-Beautiful scenery, pond with bridges are very nice touch
-If you have a big arm, you will love the back 9
-Seems to be a very quiet course
-Restrooms in main building near parking
-Course is a little out of the way for the Twin Cities area which leads to less crowding and allows for a peaceful round with out having to deal with riffraff. This is a huge plus for me.
Cons: -Holes 7 and 11-16 are very open long bombs. There is no real line shaping required here. This can be good for practicing your drives or can be a nice challenge with wind. Hole 16 is the worst offender with flat land and no obstacles.
-Some difficulty navigating first time through. Map supplied in main office only shows the original 9 hole configuration. Hole 3 is north across the driveway from 2 and 7 is west of the building that you passed on the drive in.
-Did not notice trash cans, this did not seem to be much of a problem, seeing as there was no litter problem.
Other Thoughts: -Only one basket seemed especially short to me (hole #5), however considering the hole layout, it may add chances for skip aces.

-Holes #11-16 are more open than I would prefer, they do allow some nice practice for large drives thou. If there were more risk/reward scenario on these holes I'd like them more. If you feel the need to have a more technical game you can skip from hole 6 to 10 to 17 very easily, this is the original 9 hole configuration.

Surprise, Surprise

1    6/6/2009   6/8/2009
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Full 18 holes.
-Nice pointed tee pads.
-Signs with distances and pars on them.
-Every kind of hazards and shots with the exception of a true wooded hole.
-Very large area for 18 holes, therefore never crowded.
-New, nice baskets.
-Great variety of shot length.
-Not too busy at any time.
-Great elevation changes.
-Perfect amount and placement of trees. Overall well designed.
-Good use of the water on a few holes.
-Dual tees on all holes.
Cons: -Some baskets were lower which mixed my putting up.
-It was sometimes hard to know which basket to aim at.
-It was also hard to know where the next tee box was once or twice.
-No bathrooms, garbage cans, drinking fountains.
Other Thoughts: There has been a lot of work put into this course in the past few years and i suspect that it will continue to improve over time. Definitely worth a play if you're in the area.

Doh! Wish I'd found this course earlier!

1    5/27/2009   5/29/2009
Review By: spletts
Pros: Let me start off by saying that I'm born and raised in MN...but moved to the west coast 5 years ago...where I fell in love with disc golf. Just came back this last week to the little town of Waconia where my folks live. My vacation had included bringing along my disc bag to enjoy some R & R...

My dad wanted to give it a try, so we found that indeed, Crown College had a course less than 5 miles away. We went and checked it out and I'm glad that this course was his first impression of the sport. Rolling hills, blind shots into valleys, long bomb opportunities, tight technical shots galore and a GREAT big open course. Didn't feel crowded once and there were several groups on the course. THe tee pads were great. New cement pads for both the A and B boxes and all in the oh so helpful Arrow style box that helps point the way to the basket. While the signs were off on some holes, the regulars were more than willing to point us in the right direction if we got lost. Easily overlooked in my opinion.
The fact that there was water, grass, trees, hills, both up and down, new pads, an obvious effort at improving the course, I was thrilled at the find. Irritated that this was only 5 miles from my when I used to live there...doh!
Cons: Not much cons that can't be easily overlooked. As the other review states, there were several 9+ baskets that appeared to be set for pre-schooler height...seriously, the basket was less than 10 inches off the ground! This is easily fixed with a raise of the cement and they'd be perfect. Great chain/basket condition.
Number was off, but seriously, there were still bobcat marks on the course from within a day or two, moving the dirt, leveling it off. Their caring makes the world of difference for a few mis-placed signs...I'm confident that this will be fixed soon.
Other Thoughts: Great great great course. I didn't have much in the way of expectations when I went...but wow, I was very very wrong. Incredible variety of shots...bring the full arsenol! It was my first time there so the grass length was *manageable* at the time...but if they don't mow and go all natural out there...bring a twosome at minimum to assist in searching the long grass. I give it a 4 out of 5 all day long, and easily expect it to be a 5 when I come back in the fall. LOVED IT!