St. Bonifacius, MN
Crown College Share
Uploaded By: emiller3 Hole #7 (Taken 7/2010)
3 / 300ft.   3 / 400ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

What A Beauty!!

5+    6/12/2011   8/5/2011
Review By: Vetiver1978
Pros: very scenic with elevation changes-
some very long holes on back 9 to test your driving and mid range game-
nice use of water (comes into play on holes 2, 9, and 18) also some swamp to avoid on holes 12, 13, 16-
an overall great mix of both technical and long bomber holes
I've never had any problems with crowds here
Cons: the rough on some of the bomber holes can become really thick through out the summer months. If you're playing with atleast one other person I would recommend using a spotter on holes 9, 15, and 16-

also beware when playing this course on hot and humid days. some holes have little to no shade relief and have you hiking up and down rolling hills. bring water!! (comparable to Elm Creek as far as hills go)
Other Thoughts: being as I live an hour west of the twin cities this course is perfect for me as far as location is concerned. Is great exercise, great scenery, and great layout upon the sprawling landscape. the rolling hills and sheer vastness of this course coupled with the feeling of isolation is what draws me in (also scored my first and only ace of my life on hole 8 on top of the BIG hill).........stay on the fairways and the rough wont be a problem for you. dont let that detur you from experiencing this great course. PLAY IT!!

Beautiful course & Fun to play

5+    7/4/2011   7/5/2011
Review By: Wattenphul-2009
This review was updated on 8/27/2011
Pros: First, the area is beautiful. The giant oak trees that dot the landscape are somewhat majestic and different from other courses I have played, which only have small trees and brush.

Secondly, there is a good variety of holes on a challenging hilly landscape. The water hazard comes into play on three holes #2, #9 & #18. This is a great course to get out your distance drivers and put them to good use on the many long holes.

Thirdly, It provides a good workout. The college campus is 215 acres and the disc golf course takes up about half of that. Make sure you bring a bottle of water!

Lastly, the people at the college are really friendly. If you have a question about something they are always ready to help.
Cons: At times the grass on the back 9 get high. Nonetheless, there is a great deal of tall grass and weeds on the back 9. Stay on the fairway and you'll be fine.

There are a lot of long holes on the back 9. Some golfers see it as uncreative, but the use of elevation justifies the amount of long holes. Also, I think it's nice to use my distance drivers more than just a couple times on a course.

There could be some markers to give direction to the next hole in a few places. Specifically, it's a little confusing going from hole #2 to #3, and from hole #9 to #10. A couple of direction markers would be helpful.

A course map would be beneficial. I think the front desk in the college's main building has some, but the reception desk doors are not always open.

Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a very fun course with good challenges regarding elevation, distance, trees and water. This course will give you a great workout and a greater appreciation of the game of disc golf. The scenery is beautiful here. I strongly recommend trying out this course. You can check in to the course on foursquare here https://foursquare.com/venue/27144595

Suprised the sh!t out of me

1    6/30/2009   7/2/2009
Review By: ea6le
Pros: I came into this course not expecting much. The first 3-4 holes were a little easy and not much to them. Then from there on the course really suprised me, It got a lot more difficult with the bending around trees to get to the basket, the long grass and narrow fairways. The course iis a great workout alos. I was pooped by the time I finished the course.
Cons: *The baskets were really short after the first 3 holes...
*The holes weren't clearly maked.
Other Thoughts: I reccomend this course to anyone, we Live in Bloomington and made the hike out there to give it a try and we're so glad we made the trip!