St. Bonifacius, MN
Crown College Share
Uploaded By: emiller3 Hole #6 (Taken 7/2010)
3 / 215ft.   3 / 334ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 Rare gem

2-4    8/28/2009   8/28/2009
Review By: discgolfer99
Pros: Nice mature trees, beautiful setting. Some short holes to warm you up then Boom some long hucks. Good variety in shot selection. You can tell it was designed by a long thrower (need more of these courses). Never crowded, actually I've had the course to my self all summer.
Cons: I felt bad playing a few times when I didn't have a Crown chaperone, not sure if you need one but I've heard that they want atleast someone in the group to be a student or staff member. THe baskets are on the pole upside down. Flip them around and they would be normal. Too far out for a league or anything competitive, kinda nice too not having that.
Other Thoughts: Check it out, really fun, clean, crisp course that has alot to offer. Yes, I was pooped too, but thats a major plus, I like excersize.

Suprised the sh!t out of me

1    6/30/2009   7/2/2009
Review By: ea6le
Pros: I came into this course not expecting much. The first 3-4 holes were a little easy and not much to them. Then from there on the course really suprised me, It got a lot more difficult with the bending around trees to get to the basket, the long grass and narrow fairways. The course iis a great workout alos. I was pooped by the time I finished the course.
Cons: *The baskets were really short after the first 3 holes...
*The holes weren't clearly maked.
Other Thoughts: I reccomend this course to anyone, we Live in Bloomington and made the hike out there to give it a try and we're so glad we made the trip!

Surprise, Surprise

1    6/6/2009   6/8/2009
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Full 18 holes.
-Nice pointed tee pads.
-Signs with distances and pars on them.
-Every kind of hazards and shots with the exception of a true wooded hole.
-Very large area for 18 holes, therefore never crowded.
-New, nice baskets.
-Great variety of shot length.
-Not too busy at any time.
-Great elevation changes.
-Perfect amount and placement of trees. Overall well designed.
-Good use of the water on a few holes.
-Dual tees on all holes.
Cons: -Some baskets were lower which mixed my putting up.
-It was sometimes hard to know which basket to aim at.
-It was also hard to know where the next tee box was once or twice.
-No bathrooms, garbage cans, drinking fountains.
Other Thoughts: There has been a lot of work put into this course in the past few years and i suspect that it will continue to improve over time. Definitely worth a play if you're in the area.

Doh! Wish I'd found this course earlier!

1    5/27/2009   5/29/2009
Review By: spletts
Pros: Let me start off by saying that I'm born and raised in MN...but moved to the west coast 5 years ago...where I fell in love with disc golf. Just came back this last week to the little town of Waconia where my folks live. My vacation had included bringing along my disc bag to enjoy some R & R...

My dad wanted to give it a try, so we found that indeed, Crown College had a course less than 5 miles away. We went and checked it out and I'm glad that this course was his first impression of the sport. Rolling hills, blind shots into valleys, long bomb opportunities, tight technical shots galore and a GREAT big open course. Didn't feel crowded once and there were several groups on the course. THe tee pads were great. New cement pads for both the A and B boxes and all in the oh so helpful Arrow style box that helps point the way to the basket. While the signs were off on some holes, the regulars were more than willing to point us in the right direction if we got lost. Easily overlooked in my opinion.
The fact that there was water, grass, trees, hills, both up and down, new pads, an obvious effort at improving the course, I was thrilled at the find. Irritated that this was only 5 miles from my when I used to live there...doh!
Cons: Not much cons that can't be easily overlooked. As the other review states, there were several 9+ baskets that appeared to be set for pre-schooler height...seriously, the basket was less than 10 inches off the ground! This is easily fixed with a raise of the cement and they'd be perfect. Great chain/basket condition.
Number was off, but seriously, there were still bobcat marks on the course from within a day or two, moving the dirt, leveling it off. Their caring makes the world of difference for a few mis-placed signs...I'm confident that this will be fixed soon.
Other Thoughts: Great great great course. I didn't have much in the way of expectations when I went...but wow, I was very very wrong. Incredible variety of shots...bring the full arsenol! It was my first time there so the grass length was *manageable* at the time...but if they don't mow and go all natural out there...bring a twosome at minimum to assist in searching the long grass. I give it a 4 out of 5 all day long, and easily expect it to be a 5 when I come back in the fall. LOVED IT!

home course

5+    3/24/2009   3/25/2009
Review By: joe7784
Pros: Crown College is a nicely groomed course. It recently turned into an 18 hole course. The course is still under a little construction, but all 18 holes are playable. Water/marsh comes into play on several holes. There are a couple of bridges and a fountain in one of the ponds. This course also has a lot of elevation changes with oppurunies for big rips. This course used to be private up until 2007 and then they opened it up to the public. In the fall of 2008 they installed the back 9.
Cons: For some reason the new baskets on the back 9 are a little shorter in height than the origial ones, it might have been a mistake...
Other Thoughts: In my opinion, this is a championship course. I fell in love wih it the first time I played it. A must see!

1 2 Next >