Batesville, AR
Lyon College DGC Share
Uploaded By: bjflash Hole #1 (Taken 7/2011)
3 / 205ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

RHBH heaven/RHFH hell

1    9/14/2012   9/19/2012
Review By: Memphis Newbie
Pros: Very nice, well maintained college campus course.
Nice concrete or rubber mat tees (only one tee pad missing, number 10 I think).
Great signage, easy to navigate, make that super easy to navigate.
nice wooded holes with a good variety of open and tight.
Cons: The number one complaint against the design of this course is that there are far more dogleg to the left holes than dogleg to the right. From memory I count only two doglegs to the right and seven to the left with the rest of the holes being dead straight. No course should give such a huge advantage to left or right handers (or forehand vs. backhand). I am saying this as a RHBH player so this course favored my throw, but I missed being forced to turnover my shots or use forehand.

My next complaint is more a matter of opinion--I am disappointed that there were no shots over the water. I think water shots add a lot of fun to a course, but I understand that a campus course like this is probably designed to attract new players and add a recreational option for students. Throwing your new $15 disc in a lake is not a good introduction to the sport.
Other Thoughts: Despite one major design flaw this is still a great course. It is well manicured, has great elevation, nice amount of trees. It is on the shorter side--probably intended for newer players.
This is a course that Lyon College should be proud of and Batesville is lucky to have.