Batesville, AR
Lyon College DGC Share
Uploaded By: bjflash Hole #2 (Taken 7/2011)

OldGolfer Reviews Lyon College

5+    11/27/2016   11/28/2016
Review By: OldGolfer
Pros: A very attractive course. Course layout is easy to follow, and the standard par-3 for every hole means some holes are a challenge (at least for me). There is water ON the course, but no throws OVER the water.
Cons: Tee pads are mats, and are worn out on many holes. (One hole has a concrete tee -- I think it's 7.) I tee off BESIDE those worn mats, rather than stumble around on a worn mat.
Other Thoughts: Holes 1, 2 & 3 are thru piney woods. Great looking, and there's an alley of opportunity for each hole. BEWARE: there is a large drain on the right of and beyond hole 2. IT WILL SWALLOW A DISC given the opportunity. Hole 4 is, I think, the toughest on the course. Lots of trees. 5 is similar.

The remainder are nice fairways, with some trees. There is a hard-left dogleg on the back 9. 18 is a dogleg as well, but since the leaves were off the trees I tried throwing through -- and it worked 2-out-of-3 times.

All in all, a very nice, fun course.

Nice course

5+    3/29/2015   3/29/2015
Review By: benwilly
Pros: - Nice rubber pads at each hole
- Nicely kept up grass and course as a hole
- Challenging left and right curves on various holes as well as some long holes
- signs at each hole telling you the distance and the curve of the hole
- Great for beginners
Cons: - Construction has taken hole 2 and 4 out of play as well as making hole 5 difficult to play
- Some holes play around the colleges sporting fields
- There is a swing set that could be a hazard at hole 2
Other Thoughts: Very good course that is kept up and great for beginners

RHBH heaven/RHFH hell

1    9/14/2012   9/19/2012
Review By: Memphis Newbie
Pros: Very nice, well maintained college campus course.
Nice concrete or rubber mat tees (only one tee pad missing, number 10 I think).
Great signage, easy to navigate, make that super easy to navigate.
nice wooded holes with a good variety of open and tight.
Cons: The number one complaint against the design of this course is that there are far more dogleg to the left holes than dogleg to the right. From memory I count only two doglegs to the right and seven to the left with the rest of the holes being dead straight. No course should give such a huge advantage to left or right handers (or forehand vs. backhand). I am saying this as a RHBH player so this course favored my throw, but I missed being forced to turnover my shots or use forehand.

My next complaint is more a matter of opinion--I am disappointed that there were no shots over the water. I think water shots add a lot of fun to a course, but I understand that a campus course like this is probably designed to attract new players and add a recreational option for students. Throwing your new $15 disc in a lake is not a good introduction to the sport.
Other Thoughts: Despite one major design flaw this is still a great course. It is well manicured, has great elevation, nice amount of trees. It is on the shorter side--probably intended for newer players.
This is a course that Lyon College should be proud of and Batesville is lucky to have.