Crown Point, IN
Lemon Lake County Park - Gold/Silver Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #13 (Taken 5/2012)
Hole #13 Silver Tee

< Prev 1 2 3
Silver & Gold

2-4    11/14/2015   11/17/2015
Review By: SneakyJedi
Pros: - Good course design with a variety of lines and hazards.
- Good, if aging, baskets and tee pads.
- Multiple pads on most holes
- Part of a large, pay-to-play complex comprised of 4 courses and a clubhouse with pro-shop, concessions, and bathrooms
- More secluded than the other 3 courses on site
Cons: - Tee signs only show hole number and distance, a couple of which seem to not be up to date with the current layout.
- Can be difficult to find hole 1 on your first time out, a couple other minor navigation issues
- Dual baskets which were present at some holes during previous trips were missing
Other Thoughts: The Silver/Gold course is the longest, most challenging, and probably best designed course at the Lemon Lake complex. Hole lengths vary from 210' to 1120' with everything in between. Fairways range from open to tightly wooded, turn left and right, uphill and downhill. Variety is maintained throughout the course, you are always faced with something new, and there is very little chance for a hole to feel repetitive. I do wish the lake could have been worked into another hole or two beyond the single instance where it looms behind the basket on hole 3. A water carry, or even a shot with the lake bordering one side of the fairway, would have added even more variety and challenge to this already great course.

Elevation change is not extreme here, but where present it is used incredibly well and to great effect. In fact, most holes either have some level of elevation change or a fast green or fairway where rollaways can easily punish a poorly placed drive. In general, the fairways are well shaped, and wide enough, even on the tighter wooded holes, to feel fair even while accuracy and line shaping is required. A couple of the longer holes use long grass to shape the fairways, which I am generally not a fan of, but it is not over done, and the mowed areas are generous. You can still let it rip on these holes, but accuracy can't be completely forgotten, as a shot off the fairway can easily mean a lost disc or a long time searching for plastic.

The equipment here is somewhat of a mixed bag. The concrete pads are in good shape and generally long enough, but there are a couple that seem to be a bit shorter. The baskets are aging and showing some wear, but still catch well and the yellow bands are easily visible. The visible bands are a good thing because the carved, wooden, log like, tee signs near the ground show distance and hole number only. I hope there are plans to replace the existing signs with the very nice descriptive and colorful tee signs that had been added to the Red course since my last visit. As it stands, a number of holes will require walks up the fairway to determine the location of the basket. Graphic tee signs would be additionally helpful if there are still multiple pin positions for the silver and gold course. Since my last visit, the silver baskets have been removed. I do not know if this was done temporarily for an event or the off season, or permanently, but I missed a couple of the Silver pin positions I prefer to their Gold counterparts.

It is little to no trouble on a return visit, but navigating to the first tee pad can be difficult on a first visit. Additional signage would be helpful to lead you from the back parking lot, across part of the Blue course, and into the woods where hole 1 starts. There are a couple other areas where navigation can be a little tricky, especially when you aren't sure if there are two pads for a hole or not, but in general the course flows very well and there isn't much of a chance of getting turned around.

I play the Silver/Gold course every time I visit Lemon Lake. Multiple pads (and baskets?) on a complex that already has 4 courses is a great value, and I wish I lived closer and could play all the courses more often. As it stands, my infrequent trips usually only allow me to play two, maybe three of the courses: Silver/Gold is always one, with Red usually being the other. The clubhouse with discs and concessions adds great added value, and helps make this a true disc golf destination. Do yourself a favor and take an entire day to play as much golf as you can at Lemon Lake, then drive over to Three Floyds brew pub for some great beer, and talk about all the awesome disc golf you just played with your buddies.

Never miss a chance to play

5+    11/9/2014   11/9/2015
Review By: Sharkbite
Pros: Really nice use of a big park with courses on both sides of the park. Clean and well laid out I never miss a chance to play here when in the area. Close to Munster for a few 3 Floyds beers!
Cons: Not close enough to STL LOL

Silver Bells...Ching-a-Ling

1    5/28/2013   7/10/2013
Review By: jhgonzo
Pros: 1. Variety. I felt this course and Blue were very similar in the mix of shots and terrain that they had to offer, but Silver edged out as my favorite course on the complex mainly because of its variety, scenery, and seclusion relative to the others. The opening wooded holes were a blast - a downhill RHBH anhyzer on #1, then an uphill hyzer on #2, followed by a downhill straight ace run with water deep (like, you gotta really miscalculate your power to go in the drink, but it's totally in play and adds to some pucker factor) on #3, and a really picturesque uphill #4 with a washout along the left fairway. Stepping up to #5 gives you your first glimpse of an open hole, but with early trouble off the tee as you have to first get out of the woods; after this, you get your first real ripper hole at #6, but the beautiful thing about this hole is its emphasis on placement - while it starts out wide open, you have to hit a gap at around 300' in order to have a look at anything resembling an upshot - misplaced shots could end up "in jail," or losing a stroke by playing too safe. Hole #11 was a fun straight and tight fairway bordered on both sides by thick rough. Hole #15 presented some awesome risk with a RHBH anhyzer ace run through some woods to a pin perched near a STEEP drop-off. One thing I love is when a course is able to feature a memorable finishing hole, and that is executed well here with a multi-route hole through gently rolling woods, which was just an all-around favorite in our foursome. The hole lengths vary greatly, from ace runs to the LONG bombers on the Gold layout, and I threw just about every shot out here. While I didn't play the Gold tees, I stood on a number of them and was able to appreciate the way they drastically changed many of the holes, not just by adding length but sometimes changing the entire first third or half of the hole. Dual baskets on some holes further add to the variety, especially since there's no rule that says you HAVE to play the long basket from the long tee or vice versa in casual play!

2. Equipment. The dual concrete tees were in good shape. DISCatchers were similarly up to par, caught well, and were painted visibly (#6 Gold basket had recently been stolen, which didn't affect our round since we played Silver, but still - DOUCHEBAGS!). Tee signs showed hole number and distance, which for the most part was sufficient (see Cons).

3. Pay to play. You pay a small fee when you enter the complex, which gives you full access to all courses; however, even this modest amount seems to deter the chucker crowd. When P2P is successful in this regard, AND it is also apparent that at least some of the revenue is going towards course maintenance, it will always be a Pro in my reviews. I will also mention the cleanliness in this section, with numerous garbage cans and obvious upkeep by the caretakers (we had the privilege of meeting the owner/head groundskeeper lady and thanked her for allowing the complex to go in!). This is also a large multi-use facility, so various activities are available like playgrounds, picnic areas, pavilions, hiking, baseball, maybe even fishing and bike'll get your money's worth here.

4. Seclusion. If you prefer peace and quiet during your round, this course appears to be your best bet at Lemon Lake for that (probably because it is the most challenging course, but it is also far more separated from the other three).

5. Navigation. Although it can be tough to find the first tee on your first time or two out here, once you're rolling the flow is pretty intuitive, even without the benefit of a course map.

6. Complex. Multiple courses on site will usually always get at least a nod, if not bonus points in the rating.

7. Amenities. An on-site pro shop is a rarity for disc golf courses (but fortunately an increasingly popular feature, if only in the form of a mobile pro shop a la The Disc Dude in Green Bay, WI), and the selection is decent, as are the prices. Aside from discs, food and beverages are also available inside, as well as loads of accessories, used discs, lost and found, putting basket, clean restrooms, and vending machines. I highly recommend one of the homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches when available!

8. Location. Right outside Chicago, near the Interstate; pretty easy to find with basic technology and sign-reading abilities.
Cons: 1. Tee signs. While I acknowledged their adequacy above, I must also address their shortcomings here - no map or any depiction of the hole/fairway shape/pin position, resulting in an occasional walk off the tee in order to locate the pin (the direction of the fairway is usually obvious, but you serious golfers know that feeling of needing to know exactly where the basket is even if you know you're not going for it). Since this is touted as "two courses in one," having very descriptive tee signs would be most helpful.

2. Design. While I understand the desire to include the long bomber holes #8 and #9, they are both somewhat bland with little elevation change, abundant long grass bordering the fairways (I lost a disc that appeared to be just on the edge of the fairway from the tee but had skipped just into the rough, which four of us could not locate in close to 30 minutes of searching!) and minimal fairway obstacles (though in fairness, the last third of #8 does redeem it a bit), and the fact that the two longest holes were thrown at you back-to-back added some repetition. Overall, the topography here is good, but not great; while the elevation is used quite well, there just isn't enough of it to add that "wow factor" that I tend to expect from a great, well-balanced course (of course, I won't dock points for the course not having the elevation, and indeed I think Blue has greater changes in elevation). Although a lot of really cool holes were present here, I struggle to identify a signature hole. Furthermore, this really isn't two courses as some advertise, so if you come here expecting 5 unique courses, you will instead find 4 unique courses, one of which has dual tees and provides a few bonus long pins.

3. Navigation. Yes, overall a Pro, but for the uninitiated traveler or first-timer, it's a bit of a walk from the main parking, and the signage to the first tee left a bit to be desired, but this is an issue that should be assuaged after a few visits or foreknowledge (hence my point here!).

4. Scorecards. Nearly every private or pay-to-play course or complex that I have played have provided detailed scorecards; this simply wasn't the case here, as each day of our visit we were given generic cards with no distances or maps (which is sufficient enough, but for something that basic you're better off keeping score on a scrap of paper). I don't want to imply that I EXPECT this in order for a private/P2P/complex course to get a good rating from me, but a complex hosting Worlds for the second time should have something like that developed by this point, in my opinion. Furthermore, I kind of like collecting the detailed, course-specific scorecards of the places I've traveled wife says I hoard them.

5. Some minor drainage issues on #12...a lot of the fairway was standing water, and this appears to be a long-standing problem with a makeshift boardwalk off to the left, which is also easily seen in the course photos here from over a year ago. I don't knock off points for this unless there is a significant impediment to play, and it's a pretty easy carry off the tee to clear the water when it's here (it had been raining a lot at the time of our visit).
Other Thoughts: Overall, I'd rate the Silver course at about a 4.25 (including all the amenities and the fact that it's on a multi-course complex), with the golf itself standing closer to a 3.75, justifying my 4.0 rating for this course, my favorite here to date (yes, that implies that I plan on a return visit).

Lemon Lake is a huge draw for players in the Midwest region, especially in the DG dead zone around Chicago, but it is also a great example of the burgeoning popularity (and perhaps economic feasibility, thus dispelling rumors of disc golfers being cheap!) of disc golf complexes. While I don't feel the complex offers anywhere near the same golfing experience as Highbridge (and I am admittedly biased), I encourage any semi-serious traveling disc golfer to make a stop here and at least play the Blue or Silver course (I definitely plan on returning to play Gold), and also make sure to check out Rogers Lakewood "up the road" from here!

A Fraggle Party

1    11/15/2010   10/20/2012
Review By: Martin Dewgarita
Pros: Personal rank: 110
Just because this course comes in at last place of my favorites list doesn't mean it's not a great course. Dual layouts offer a variety of challenges and an opportunity to play multiple times through without repeating the same holes. The course offers a great variety of technical shots utilizing heavily wooded areas, open fields, and decent elevation. The complex is an added bonus, with 3 other great courses on site, Lemon lake in my top 5 destination complexes.

I highly recommend this area for people traveling through or someone looking for a great disc golf destination area. I know I'll be making a point to stop by and play another round when I'm in the area.
Other Thoughts: After playing 1000 courses, I'm excited to share my opinion on some of my favorites. My top 100+ list can be found on my blog, my favorites list is at 110 of 1020 courses played as of writing this review. Of all courses played, the top 1.5% receive a rating of 5, down to 6% is a 4.5, and 15% is a 4.0 creating a bell curve distribution. I apologize that my reviews are not as detailed as they have been previously. I have included the details as to why this course stands out to the best that my memory serves.

My personal criteria is very subjective, a gut feeling:
~Physical beauty stands out, both scenery and the beauty of each hole.
~Amenities don't mean much to me, it doesn't much matter if there's benches, concrete tee pads, or garbage cans.
~Technical design - How well designed are the fairways/airways and landing areas? Are there unique holes that stand out? Variety of holes - distances, shapes, elevation, tree density, rough thickness. Pars 4 and 5?
~I love extreme/adventure golf. Rugged and secluded courses stand out more than park style courses. In general I prefer more technical over more open.
~Local Scene. If I was involved in a tournament or league or met up with some locals and played the course multiple times I appreciate different aspects of a course.

Thank you, enjoy my reviews and if you don't find this information helpful, please let me know what I can do to improve.

2 courses in 1. Gold/Silver TOUGH

5+    10/10/2010   7/10/2011
Review By: #19325
Pros: The Silver/Gold course is much different than the other 3 courses. The land is heavily wooded with some nice rolling terrain. Some areas have drastic drop offs. Several of the open holes have high prarie grass. The rough is much thicker and this is by far the toughest and longest course on the property.

There is a nice flow to this course. Each hole is fairly secluded and there are no major conflicts.

The baskets are in great condition. They are factory yellow Innova Discatchers. The last time I played several holes had a 2nd basket.

There is a wide variety of shots and lines on this course. Every hole has 2 concrete tee pads and some holes have multiple pin positions.

The tee signs are rather basic. They are huge logs engraved with the hole # and distance. They have gold paint for the long and silver paint for the short.

Once you find hole #1 with the use of the maps on this site navigation is not a problem.

This is a professional calibur course. It plays approximately 6,500 to 8,500 feet depending on what layout you play. A score of 61.79 was a 1000 rated round at pro worlds on the toughest layout. The silver layout is much easier and more beginner friendly. You will throw every shot and disc in your bag.

There are quite a few memorable holes and greens on this course.
Cons: Finding hole #1 can be difficult if you don't have a map.

Standing water and mud can be an issue after rain. Hole #11 can be flooded ankle deep at times. There is no way around it to get to the next hole.

Although the tee signs are adequate they are nothing special. There are no hole descriptions.

Although the tee pads are concrete they are a little short and some are not flat to the ground and don't allow run ups from behind. This can be an issue on this brutally long course.

This is the least beginner friendly course on the property.
Other Thoughts: This is a pay to play facility.

If you are not familar with poison ivy there is some at this facility. Educate yourself and take precautions if you are allergic.

The 2010 Pro Worlds did wonders for this facility. 4 courses with a ton of options. There are plans for a 5th course.

The Homie event every October is a must play midwest event. Great atmosphere and always a ton of people.

Here are the results of Pro Worlds. You can get an idea of how the best players in the world scored on this course.

2-4    3/5/2011   3/16/2011
Review By: notapro
Pros: - Course is set in a large section of the entire complex, the occasional (dog) walker is probably the only non-DGer out there. Some of the holes are kind of close to each other, but overall it is pretty well secluded.
- First thing of note; this course is extremely, extremely different depending on how the holes are played. With gold/silver tees on almost every hole, and some gold/silver baskets on other holes, playing the gold-to-gold, or silver-to-silver, or anything in between, will be a drastically different round. This review will be for the gold-to-gold configuration, as that is the most noteworthy.
- Pretty much broken into three different sections; the deep forest with a great mix of skinny and mature trees, medium forest with clear fairways but deep rough, and open areas with various trees and shrubbery. Good mix all around, as you go into the deep forest, into the open areas, back into the deep forest. Good variety, including shooting out of and into the forest; both for drives and some approaches.
- Parts of the course have pretty significant elevation changes, especially in the forested areas. Some good elevated teepads, starting with #1, downward sloping fairways like #3, mild uphill shots like #13, and lots in between. A few spots have real roll-away potential, like almost all of #14, fairway to basket. The holes within the forest usually have some dangerous areas to avoid, like a creekbed and just straight-up rugged terrain.
- Simply awesome variety of lines to be found here, with the different areas of forest, elevation changes, and multi-shot holes. Each hole is pretty different from any other, with the exception of some similar straight shots. Mega hyzers, long, low hyzers, uphill anhyzers, a few obvious places for flex shots, some longer uphill shots that finish left or right into the forest, it is a lot to get into. In short, almost every shot to be found here, regardless of arm.
- Course has absolutely no shortage in length, especially from the golds. While the 850' and 1100' hole definitely skew the average hole length, it is still a fairly long course. Including all 18, it averages out to 461' per hole. Taking out the two long ones, the 16 remaining holes still average 396'!
- Water comes in play on only one hole, but is both scenic and potentially dangerous (in a good way). It sits at the bottom of a downhill shot, through the woods, where you need to do a 90 degree turn before the lake. Bigger arms can definitely reach it if the disc decides not to hyzer (RHBH).
- Great baskets, good signage (tee signs are pretty, say hole number and length[s]), decent teepads (some are in bad shape). Some benches and stuff here and there, nice to take a break at least once.
Cons: - Some parts of the course are still very rugged, with dirt steps that turn to mud, and some places where crossing the creekbed takes a little creativity. Hopefully still a work in progress.
- A lot of the holes really just need a straight shot in some form or another. There is great punishment for failing to do so, like rollaways and deep rough (and some nasty, nasty schule in the open holes), but the line itself is kind of bland. This is true for the bombers, some ace runs, and a few in between.
- This is nit-picking, but the course definitely lacks any large elevation changes. No huge downhill bomber to add some fun/flavor to the set-up, just because of the terrain.
Other Thoughts: - Just an all around fantastic course. Definitely championship level, with some extremely tough holes, some punishing "easy" holes, and a great variety of different looks. No matter how big an arm, or how accurate, both will be tested to the max. Fantastic variety of lines, constant, though mild, elevation changes, some tricky greens, nearly every hole has something to make it challenging.
- Beginners should stay far away from this course, play the red or white. Everyone else should be challenged in a big way, from rec players to top pros. If you aren't able to get the few deuce-able holes, it is impossible to score well here.

1    6/22/2010   11/14/2010
Review By: bjreagh
Pros: The Silver/Gold course is the hardest and longest of the courses at Lemon Lake. The Silver and Gold courses play over the same layout with Gold being a longer version of the Silver. Often times the Gold tees drastically changed the angle to the hole adding difficulty as well as length. Holes either have 2 tees, 2 baskets, or both to provide several combinations of difficulty. (It is possible that the course may have 2 tees and 2 baskets on every hole when fully completed.) The "tee signs" were a nice touch as they were not the traditional signs you find on the rest of the course, but were half logs with the hole number and distance for both gold and silver etched into the wood.

This course has a good mix of wooded holes with clearcut yet challenging fairways and several longer open holes with fairways protected by tall thick rough. The wooded holes also utilized a decent amount of elevation and several holes had deep ravines just off the fairway. The open holes are really long and will appeal to those with the big arms.

The courses were just used for 2010 Worlds so everything should still be in great shape. The baskets are one of the coolest features in this complex as they match the color of the name of the course. This also helps you to locate the courses better when you enter the park, and it helps to spot the correct basket as the courses border each other in many places. (Imagine if the park just had 90 yellow baskets!)
Cons: There is not a parking area for this course and you have to walk a decent distance to #1 and after #18. (The 2nd parking lot by the restrooms is the closest.) Hole #1 is a little tricky to find as well, since you have to cross over the Blue Course to get there.

In some ways it was cool to have 2 sets of baskets permanently installed and color coded, but in some ways it was distracting. There were also some holes that only had 1 but no designation on the tee, so not knowing if a basket was there or not could be a factor the first time playing it.

A lot of places still had that "course just installed" look as it is the newest of the courses here, but time should help it mature. (This course needed some finishing touches and was missing some concrete tees and baskets, but I assume the course was completed for 2010 Worlds.)
Other Thoughts: Obviously having 4+ courses in one spot is a huge bonus, especially when they are all good courses. I like that each course has its own personality and degree of difficulty. (Ranking: easiest-White- Red-Blue-Silver/Gold-hardest) The Silver/Gold Course is the most difficult of the 4 courses at Lemon Lake. It will definitely take a lot out of you, but it is not impossible to play. I personal prefer the Blue and Red Courses over this one, but those looking for a huge challenge may enjoy this one the most.

There is a vehicle entrance fee, but the gatehouse was not always manned. Also, the park workers are extremely friendly and obviously take pride in their disc golf courses.

We had the chance to play these courses as they were making final preparations for the 2010 Worlds. I am sure the courses are in even better shape now since that event has past.

Silver and Gold

5+    9/24/2010   9/26/2010
Review By: Jukeshoe
This review was updated on 2/23/2011
Pros: - Lemon Lake's Silver and Gold courses share fairways and often baskets. Gold is championship-caliber, while Silver allows mere mortals to play along with shorter, easier tee (and occasionally, basket) layouts.
- The Gold course challenges all aspects of a discer's game and requires distance driving, precision on approaches, careful putting, and the ability to recover from thick schule in order to score well. This course starts off with shorter wooded holes before opening up into a mostly flat field covered in thick prairie. Once into the open, the holes become much longer in length with one topping 1100 ft. After several in this style, the course again enters the woods and finishes much in the manner it began, with 18 ending near the beginning.
- Silver tees simplify matters greatly but still provide a decent challenge for less-experienced players. Many holes are shortened significantly, providing several ace runs, and often give a straight look whereas the Gold tee might be blind. On most holes, silver tees play to the Gold basket, but several holes also contain a Silver basket. Baskets are extremely easy to distinguish, as they are boldly covered in metallic spray paint of the corresponding color. On holes where a Silver basket appears, Silver tees play to the Silver basket, Gold tees to the Gold basket.
- Brushed, level, grippy new concrete tees on all but one or two pads, where above-average brick was used instead. Most concrete tees are trapezoidal in shape and absolutely top-notch, others are square and slightly shorter but still sufficient.
- Dual pin positions for both Gold and Silver baskets keep things fresh.
- Excellent signage throughout, once you actually find the semi-hidden #1. Next tee signage is everywhere and greatly alleviates a somewhat awkward flow in a few places. Rustic tee-signs made of large logs add charm while providing the hole number and each pin position's distance in either silver or gold.
- Moderate elevation comes into play and is used to great effect. Pin positions near slopes provide risk on several holes. Several doglegs ascend or descend through woods. A couple of holes feature miniature "gorges" that offer the potential for trouble on errant shots.
- Stairs, earthen steps cut into slopes, bridges, mulch, and gravel implemented throughout as needed. Mulch and gravel used sparingly and effectively.
- Great amenities: bathrooms, drinks, water fountain, pavilions, tennis courts, etc. on site. Several holes have brooms for the tees. Benches and trashcans throughout.
- Isolated and pristine natural setting.
Cons: - Although the wooded holes are cleared out fairly well, holes 8 - 12 have rough consisting of super-dense prairie and/or scrubby, brushy woodland. The prairie is largely composed of goldenrod, thorns, nettles, and poison ivy. Some trails are worn in, but finding discs off the fairway proves to be a major hassle. In fact, a large part of the risk on these longer holes is that of the rough swallowing a disc.
- A bit of a challenge to find initially.
Other Thoughts: - Located on the same property as three other outstanding courses: Blue/White/Red. The first tee is located near Blue's #13. Park at the 2nd lot, pass Blue's #12 tee, and cross the bridge.
- $4 local, $7 out-of-county pay-to-play. Certainly reasonable for the quality and quantity of disc golf available on-site.
- My rating reflects not only the solid Silver course, but also takes into account the outstanding Gold layout.

Get Ready for A Beatdown

2-4    2/19/2011   9/23/2010
Review By: ArcheType
This review was updated on 2/21/2011
Pros: -This course is in the LL complex, so the fairways are well maintained and groomed.

-These tee pads were nice as well.

-This course has the most shot variety I've ever played. You'll need your entire bag of tricks for this one.

-Almost none of the holes felt the same. 8 and 9 are similar, but not exactly the same.

-The different sets of tees and pins make the holes feel very different. Also, the use of dga and innova baskets to distinguish the different pin positions is a wonderful idea.

-Risk/Reward is the name of this course.

Update: after playing this course from the silver tees, and as a better I have a few more things to add.

-This course has several holes that offer a good multiple routes, not just forcing you to a single type of shot.

-There are no "gimme" holes in this course at all.

-Some very legitimate par 4s from gold tees.
Cons: -The tee "signs" were just numbers and distances cut into a log, nothing fantastic.

-Some holes are hard to navigate, they could use more "Next Tee ->" signs.

-The longer holes, 8 and 9 in particular, were very boring. The 1000+ft straight fairway just felt like a driving range. It was a drag. Seeing the same type of fairway immediately next on hole 9 bored some people in my group to just chuck rollers for fun.
Other Thoughts: This course, while beating me down, really gave me something to aspire to. I felt awe at the pros who actually shot well on this course, and it really inspired me to get more practice.

Also, check my "Other Thoughts" in my review of read to see the order I recommend playing the courses in if you choose to hit them all in a day.

1    9/17/2010   9/21/2010
Review By: tistoude
Pros: First off this course is located in a beautiful little park that has 4 courses on the property. There is a nice fishing lake, very nice bathroom facilities, huge playground, sand volleball, basket ball courts, walking paths and a bunch of nice pavilions.

This course has a wide variety of hole types, narrow turning wooded, wide open, right turning, left turning, uphill, down hill, strategic multiple shot, and grip it and rip it. Each hole has a very clearly defined fairway and there were no Poke and Hope holes.

Since there is such variety in the holes you end up being forced to use alot of different shots. Power helps alot on this course but you will still need touch shots, flicks and Backhands and a few overhands. Almost every hole requires some shot shaping.

Pin Placements. The pins are placed very well, often on slopes and tucked into trees. The placements enhance the layout tremendously.

Well maintained. This course was immaculate. There was no litter, very little debris (sticks ect..), the grass was well trimmed and Baskets/Tees were in perfect condition.

Navigation once on the course is easy. Without a map I had no problem finding the next hole. there is a very natural progression to the course.

Woods Holes. This course has some beautiful woods holes. They are aestically pleasing and you are able to see that a tremendous amount of work went into clearing, drainage, and steps. The wooded holes really stand apart on this course.
Cons: Finding the first hole! Unlike the other courses on location Silver/Gold does not play in nine hole loops and does not start near the parking lot. We did not have anyone to ask where the course began and only found it because we played the blue course first which plays near the first hole. Hint: Gold/Silver starts near Blue 13's basket.

Holes 7 through 11 seem to be just a long drive contest. The pins are still placed well but the holes themselves are not as interesting. 10 and 11 play down a pipe "right of way" or something like that and are very bland. These of course are personal opinions. Some people might really like this stretch of holes.

The tee signs are very neat, carved logs with hole number and distance, but I would like to see a little more detail on the hole since on quite a few of the holes you cannot see the basket from the tee.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course. I played Gold while my wife played Silver. We had already played Red and Blue earlier so needless to say this course wiped us out. It is long! be prepared for a bit of a hike.

SIlver is a good course for moderate to experienced golfers but the gold course is really for experienced to expert players.

This is definitely a Disc Golf destination park. With 4 courses on location you can really get your fill. It cost us 4 dollars to enter the park but I feel that we got way more than our money's worth.

< Prev 1 2 3