Salem, OR
Woodmansee Park Share
Uploaded By: RallySoob Hole #1 (Taken 6/2009)

5+    4/22/2012   7/29/2012
Review By: MCW5379
This review was updated on 8/6/2012
Pros: Tight wooded holes that are fun. (hole 6 is my nemesis) lots of shots needed, uphill, downhill, etc.
2 tee boxes for each of the 9 holes so 18 can be played.
Cons: Hole 6 is thick, newer players might need to use a spotter.Blackberries on 6 need more attention and need to be kept on top of. Holes 8 & 9- the grass can get tall.
Each hole having 2 tee boxes can create "log jams" if they course is busy.
Other Thoughts: Always a fun time "log jams" are the only thing that can really slow the pace of a round.

A lot of work recently!

5+    1/13/2012   1/13/2012
Review By: arelom
Pros: There has been a LOT of work done in the last few months on this course. In fact, one guy was working on the tee signs while we were there--sealing them and replacing them.

All concrete tee pads exist now, and all are clearly marked, 1-18. Everything was in great shape.

Better than I Expected

1    7/20/2011   7/21/2011
Review By: austoroc
This review was updated on 7/31/2011
Pros: Right off the bat, I have to say the course has a lot of potential. Based on other reviews I have read, it seems like it's been a while that the course has been worked on?

For many 9-hole courses, it's difficult to justify taking a road trip only to play for a short time. I really do think that this course benefited from having second tee on each hole.

Although the course is relatively short in length, it was still enjoyable because there are enough variety in hole designs to throw you some challenges.

It seems like the course is geared toward intermediate players, but I imagine the more advanced players might enjoy this course as potential ace run.
Cons: I had to take pictures of the "map" at the kiosk to help me navigate which tee pad is "A" and "B." I found it to be slightly frustrating, and not having the tee signs completed definitely didn't help.

There are some tee pads that didn't have any concrete, so the course definitely feels a bit incomplete without them. I'm not sure who's responsible for building them?

I thought the tee location of hole #6 was one of the weakest on the course along with the tee location for #17. I felt they were awkwardly placed and a bit out of sync with all of the other tee locations.
Other Thoughts: I don't know if there's any other improvements being planned for this course, but this course is definitely more enjoyable than Keizer Rapids Park and Cascade Gateway.

I can see how the park can get too busy with walking public weaving through the course, so I'm not sure if it would have affected the playing experience too much?

When I played on this course, the course seems to be well-maintained, but I can see the possibility of it getting a bit wild. If the course is constantly getting maintained, then I see no problems with people enjoying throughout the year.

I hope that by the time I come back for another visit, the course will be completed, and I probably want to revisit my review.

Improvements Are Being Made!

1    5/30/2010   6/2/2010
Pros: Playing Woodmansee for the first time, we were able to navigate it fairly easily. It's mostly a wooded, technical course. I liked the design and challenge of it. The baskets are great. The teepads could be improved to concrete, rubber or the building block ones. There is some elevation to contend with. Signs are apparently on the way. The low to the ground signs like Gateway has are in only without the needed information yet. We felt it was strange to screw the fiberglass onto the posts before putting the hole information there. Oh well, I like this type of signage. I think it's informative, it's easy to replace if vandalized and seems less obtrusive to the naturalistic feel of the park. There is a good mix of longer and shorter holes.
Cons: Nothing major stands out to me. I guess 2-4 more holes could be added here. That does make sense. The signage needs to be finished and kept up. Some clearing of the blackberries would help. And adding teepads would be nice.
Other Thoughts: I think Woodmansee is just a nice little park in which to grab a quick nine. I hope the locals will continue to improve upon it. The designers/builders of this course should be complimented in regards to their intial design and flow. I have the feeling that this course will only get better as improvements are made. I'll be back sometime in the future to enjoy the finished product.

Solid wooded 9 hole course

5+    12/22/2009   12/22/2009
Review By: reanthon
Pros: - Mostly wooded, makes the course difficult
- Nice Discatcher baskets
- Feels like your outside city limits, not in a park after the first hole
- Nice use of topography on 3 of the holes
Cons: - Very hard to follow if it's your first time (although the baskets to have an arrow on them that points you in the general direction of the next tee pad)
- Natural tees fit in with the atmosphere of the park, put are a problem in the rainy half of the year.
Other Thoughts: - No tee pad on #3, the locals usually tee off from the cement pad, behind and to the right of the second basket. Hole #6 is rough. If you go off left off the tee, you will be in thick blackberry bushes and you could easily lose a disk. There really doesn't seem to be a good route on the hole unless you're really precise with a forehand otherwise luck is key. If you can toss 320 ft, all the holes are easily reachable from the tee provided you know your plastic well enough to bypass the maze of trees. If you stray to far of the "fairway", you're going to be looking at some creative upshots. A really fun course that will improve the accuracy aspect of the game of intermediate players.

Pretty Thick...

2-4    6/8/2009   6/9/2009
Review By: RallySoob
Pros: Nice Scenery
Great Practice Hole
Challenging Holes
Easy to Find Disc
Shaded and cool on hot days
Cons: Hard to Navigate, Need Course Map
Hard to find Tee on 2 holes
Small, Only 9 holes
Very Thick Woods blocking basket
Other Thoughts: It was fun, very challenging but a little to thick for my liking. In the pics you can see how many tree's blocking the basket. Surprisingly easy to find your disc as the ground cover is light. I love the seclusion of the course, the shade was especially nice as it was hot. Definately make sure to bring the course map your first time out or else you will have no idea where to go.