San Angelo, TX
Picnic Bend Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #8 (Taken 7/2009)

Unexpectedly good course

1    6/25/2013   6/25/2013
Review By: Schlangewurst
Pros: -Well laid out
- Good variety of shots with elevation change. I really liked how you have to throw off the cliff and across the "river" on the 3rd hole.
- Good concrete tee pads with distances marked.
- Arrows pointing the direction of the next tee at the base of the hole.
- The river came into play on the first 7 holes
Cons: - Only 9 holes

Play this course, its worth your time

1    7/17/2012   7/20/2012
Review By: JerryChesterson
Pros: The layout on this course is really fun. An average advanced level player could shoot -7 or +4. There's that much risk/reward involved in several of the holes. The course was very well maintained. I very much enjoyed playing this course. There's a lot of water on the course, which I like.
Cons: Its only 9 holes. If this thing was 18 I'd give it 4.5.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course. If you are in San Angelo and can only play one course, I'd play this one twice.

Great Little Course

1    6/9/2010   6/9/2010
Review By: BewareOfPenguin
Pros: Hole numbers and distance info are stamped into the concrete tees. The direction from one basket to the following tee is marked in the basket base. Both of these things score big with me. For the most part, this is a very pretty park. The close proximity of the Concho river to the course forces disciplined shots...unless you're a fan of wading for discs. There are plenty of trees on the course to bump the difficulty level. Hole #1 is a bit deceptive. I placed a fairly safe tee shot near the bank of the river with a good look at the basket. But still managed to fling my disc into the cattails and had to get into the water. Not all that pleasant. Hole #3 features an awesome elevated tee shot.
Cons: The nearby river is a bit stagnant and murky in places. Wading within is no fun, as I found out personally. There is poison ivy in the vicinity of holes 1 and 2, though these areas are posted. The fairways for some of the holes coincide with the walking trail and border the street.
Other Thoughts: I really liked this course. I definitely have plans to return and play it again the next time I'm in town. But here's a bit of advice: The bathroom.....DON"T GO NEAR IT!!!