Green, OH
Boettler Park Share
Uploaded By: Mike C Hole #5 (Taken 8/2010)

Different is good

5+    11/15/2015   11/29/2015
Review By: daves
Pros: It is different-- this course is like no other course I have played. Not great just different
The last time I played here I threw at least once: Backhand, forehand, roller, overhand, opposite hand.
The city does a good job of keeping the fairways mowed.
A few walkers but rarely another disc golfer
Cons: Tee signs are way off. It would be better if they just removed the tee signs.
Very nice park which brings out walkers and dog walkers
Other Thoughts: Narrow fairways, weeds, thorn bushes, trees, one lake all means you have to be careful with every throw which is a good thing. If I go to this course with someone who is a lot better than me I still have a chance because of the course layout.

1    11/27/2009   11/28/2009
Review By: kev32650
Pros: Good course in terms of variety. 8 was a great hole, a true par 4 and one that makes you want to come back. Lots of little trees add challenge to a relatively open course and make the course play longer than the distance. I took a first timer to the course and before we'd finished the first round he said "can we play another one?" For whatever that's worth. I enjoyed it as well, and I've been playing for awhile.

The park itself looks pretty awesome with good amenities. There were trash cans at every hole and the course was clean and look well kept up. A good course to bring the whole family to.
Cons: Tee pads were pretty small. It didn't affect me that much, but on some of the longer holes I was definitely thinking about it. Tee signs distances almost made things worse than not having them there at all. There are several holes that switch back and not knowing the course and knowing that the distances were inaccurate made it a little frustrating. A couple of times we threw at one basket and then figured out where we were actually supposed to be throwing. Some of the fairways and bakets/tees are too close together. It didn't matter on a day like today, but when the course gets more popular there's defiintely going to be issues especially with 9's basket and 1's tee.
Other Thoughts: I know it's a new course so I'm giving my judgement of it with that in mind. It will get better. I can't wait til its 18 and some of the trees have grown in and hopefully the tee signs will get reworked.