Chili, NY
Chili DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #7 (Taken 7/2009)
Hole #7 Pro Tee

Cons: - Distance can be hard to overcome some holes
- Windy days = lost discs
- Flooding possible
- Easy to get lost
Other Thoughts: This is the best park in Rochester. Period. It is extremely well maintained and just had concrete pads put in. It is an extremely challenging course for beginners like I was at the beginning of the season. My first time out there from the pro tees I finished +24 or something.

The famous Par 4 911ft. hole is not only famous for being long but if you throw a fade you can easily lose you disc in the untamed wilderness. Though, you get a great feeling of accomplishment getting a 5 or better on it.

Hole #18 is also very long at 728' from the pro's. So bring a big arm!

This summer has been very rainy, and the streams that run through several of the holes have overrun the path between holes several times, which means backtracking or foraging for wood to build a bridge.

I try to play here at least 1 time every weekend as it's my favorite course, and is night and day compared to others.

Mecca of Rochester Disc Golf

5+    6/17/2009   6/17/2009
Review By: Tmart
This review was updated on 2/22/2013
Pros: This is by far the best course in the Greater Rochester area. The land is solely there for disc golf. The course is huge, well groomed, and never too busy.

Some people complain that it's a course for big arms but anyone who can throw over 300 ft should love it.
Cons: The hole that is 911ft long is only a par 4 when it should be a par 5 according to PDGA standards.
Other Thoughts: (revised) My old other thoughts section was created when I was a noob and when Ellison had no teepads and I sort of bashed it so I am updating it finally. Now that I've got a few years under my belt and Ellison has teepads I can honestly say that these courese are both 4-5 stars. Althought Ellison isn't as pretty, secluded, or vacant as Chili it has MANY different shots layed out which keeps it fun to play no matter how many times you've played it.

My favorite course.. period. Gorgeous!!!

5/24/2007   5/24/2007
Review By: jim owens
Pros: Makes for a great day of golf. Beautiful place to play.
Cons: Wide open in lots of places.

Date: 11/6/2012 Designer Response by: timg