Thompson, WI
Erin Go Bragh Park Share

middle of nowhere skip the drive

5+    8/1/2012   8/1/2012
Review By: samura1234
Pros: -located in the back of a nicely taken care of park
-nice chainstar baskets if you like chainstar
-tee signs are real cool
-decent elevation changes
-bar acrossed the street
-for what it is the course is designed alright
Cons: 2 major drawbacks of this course are
-it is very short, mids, putter drives, thumbers and tomahawks will get the job done for a 2 on any hole
-they put in these dumb little 4' long concrete pads in that you cant really use if you have any kind of a runup for a drive. its like they put them there to just stand on and throw....
if it wasn't for these two things i probably would have rated it a 2
Other Thoughts: walks between holes are very short so it makes play seem go quicker than normal for a 9 hole

C- = a little below average for a 9 holer

1    5/7/2009   6/7/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A