5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Course is set in a pretty big city park, which is definitely multi-use. Walking paths, playgrounds, benches, etc. etc. Definitely a chance for interference on a nice day.
- Good amount of wooded areas here to define some holes, along with larger trees. #2 is a short downhill shot over some rough, #4 is a hyzer into some dense woods, #5 plays around the woods on the right, and #11 is an uphill shot through a smaller gap in the forest. Holes with trees include #1, which has a large tree to the right of the basket. #7 and #8 play around and through a section of trees, respectively, and #9 is an anny shot with forest on the right. Definitely some line shaping going on here.
- Elevation changes are present here as well to liven things up. Downhill slopes include a drop shot on #2, an elevated teepad on #4 into the woods, and a gentle sloping fairway on #6 and #8. #11 is a short but steep uphill shot, and #5 is slightly uphill. A good mix of up and down overall.
- Some very hazardous areas here to punish errant shots. A small creek is present behind #2, to the right of #5 and #10, and to the left of #9. While it is not very close to the fairway, it is definitely possible to reach. The woods to the left of #12 have a nasty slope, and the rough to the right of #6 is quite thick.
- A few mandos present, mostly for safety concerns, that force some different lines. #4 is a mando RHBH hyzer, #5 a RHBH anny, and #8 another RHBH anny. Takes away some of the easier routes.
- Good pads and baskets, signage is good though #10's was missing as of 09/12. Navigation can be very tricky, like going back up to #6 after #5. Map helps out a ton.
Cons: - Layout is pretty crammed in some spots, not only with the other park activities but with the golf as well. Walking back up to #6 involves practically walking in front of #2's teepad. Also, #1 and #12 share a small bit of land for the fairway. A good idea to keep your eyes peeled.
- Course is on the short side, with an average hole length of 256' from the longs. Four of the holes are under 210', so there are some approach shots for sure.
- A few holes are mostly open, with only a tree or some rough to worry about. #1, #5, #6, and #12 don't require much thought.
Other Thoughts: - All in all, a pretty fun course that offers a lot of variety. Some open shots, some wooded shots, punishing rough in a few places, with a good mix of left, right, and straight lines. Elevation changes to boot. A couple holes to throw a driver for most players as well. Might be a little too challenging for true beginners, and maybe a little too straightforward for more advanced players.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: The use of the small park near I5 is done well, just one or two things that I personally just didn't get. Great signage! Which is a must in my book! Holes 2, 4, 8, 10, and 11(or are they now 9 & 10) Seems to be the perfect place to hold an Ace Race.
Cons: Holes 1, 3, 5, 6, and 12. Wish they weren't just sitting out in the open without some type of challenge. Hole 9 is gone! Hopefully there are plans to find a new home for 9 and make it a 12 hole course again. A picnic table on the right side of 3 which was in my sons line and the people wouldn't even watch out for themselves so he had to go way out of his way. I understand it is a park for everyone but hated to be ignored like we didn't belong there.
Other Thoughts: I understand the limited land issue but wish the lay out would have limited the long walks between 5-6 and 10-11. And also the walk takes you thru the other playing areas. So be watchful.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.