Vancouver, WA

Enjoyable City Park course

1    6/10/2009   6/10/2009
Review By: TrailBoss
Pros: - Excellent signage
- Easy to navigate between holes
- Good mix of open grassy holes and fun woods and tree obstacle holes
- Freeway close
- Nice ambience and a really good vibe overall to the course and its scenery and setting
- No real redundancy in holes
Cons: - Tee pads were a nuisance to me. I am totally cool with natural tee pads, but when they are this short and unlevel, I have to say something.
- Some people might find the number of vagrant or homeless people inhabitating the course a bit unnerving, but it is not an issue in my mind
- I would probably not play this course on the weekend (just assuming). It seems like it would be crowded with other non DG users and create potential conflicts. Plus, if the course was busier with DG users, it could get a bit sketchy with tee pads and baskets from different holes so close to one another
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course and I wll be back with friends or family. Great place to introduce others to the game. I loved Hole 2 with its down hill tee off and ACE opportunity.
- Very fun course overall

1    5/28/2009   5/28/2009
Review By: radsnowsurfer
Pros: Great variety in elevation.
Sweet Chainstar baskets.
Variety of distance, 155-414 feet currently.
Variety of shot making, forcing shots left and right.
Good safe and challenging use of mandos.
Some alternate tees add challenge for more experienced players.
Scenic place, really a beautiful park all-around.
Tee signs on holes and a great info kiosk on the first tee with event fliers and course info.
Great for skill levels raging from first timers to upper level amateur players.
1 minute from I-5 exit and located great for inner-Vancouver and inner-Portland residents.

Cons: Current tees are in bad shape, even a flat gravel pad would be an improvement.
Fairly long walkouts for the size of the course.
High pedestrian, picnicker traffic on the course.
Fairly short, won't provide much of a challenge to upper Am and Pro players.
As it stands, it's difficult to navigate, course maps or better next tee signs would help.
Other Thoughts: Leverich, as it stands currently, is a tremendous example of a well thought out urban park, it fits in nicely with other park uses and this course is one of the nicest looking in-city courses I've ever seen. I saw numerous new players as well as some veterans looking for short game practice, it serves all parties well. Living in inner-Portland this is actually one of the closest courses after Pier Park. It's very evident that the group of people who made this new course care a lot about it and I believe Leverich will only improve with time, some tweaks could be made to make the course a little more challenging and when new tee pads are put in I fully look forward to coming back and editing this review and adding at least a half star to its score.

Road trip stop 1

1    5/16/2009   5/20/2009
Review By: Big Bob
Pros: Great course for newbies!
Played with my daughter who attends school in "VanTucky"
Pros bring mid and putter only!
Cons: Some local riff rafts, but a disc at 70 mph can change some attitudes!
Tee pads need some work.
Other Thoughts: Ist stop on my journey discovering the Great Northwest disc golf scene.
Meet a crew from Rockwood and joined them later that day for two nine holes in Oregon.

1st time played

1    3/21/2009   3/21/2009
Review By: ChrisC
Pros: Location
Diversity of holes
Forced hole play
Cons: Hobos
Natural tees
Other Thoughts: I have been to this park before the cource was put in and it is much better from the hobo factor now. Hopefully with more traffic that element will find another bridge to drink under. On my first trip I was not going to take my child till I checked it out. Now would only take children if there are lots of people.

5+    2/23/2009   2/28/2009
Review By: Eric O
This review was updated on 2/12/2010
Pros: Chainstar baskets. Relatively easy to navigate. Course can be played quickly.

Good use of mandos on holes 4 and 9 to create interesting fairway lines.

Easy access off the freeway from Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA.
Cons: Hole 1 and hole 7's teepads are located right inside groupings of trees. Makes the teeshot cramped. Fortunately hole 1 at least has an alternate tee from the parking lot, which I would recommend using instead of the standard tee.

Hole 2 isn't really even a hole unless you're playing a round with minis. Hole 12 is a 200 ft wide open pitch. zzz.

When the course first opened the park had a lot of trash and homeless people hanging out. That element seems to have diminished somewhat the last couple times I've been there though.

All the teesigns have the same photo. If you're going to the trouble of having graphics on the signs, why not photograph the holes?

This course is not too far from Pier Park. I list this as a negative only because it means if I'm headed in that direction I'd rather just go to Pier 99% of the time.
Other Thoughts: This is a practice course in my opinion as far as the level of difficulty.

12 holes. Restrooms open seasonally.

I originally had rated this course one star, but I promised to update my review once some improvements were made to the course. It's definitely not everything I want a disc golf course to be, but it's closer than it was, and a few of the glaring issues have been addressed. Kudos to Mr. Carson and the Stumptown club for getting the course in the ground and continuing to work on making it better.

Improvement for the neighborhood

5+    2/6/2009   2/9/2009
Review By: multcomedic
Pros: Close by, elevation changes, challenging.
Cons: Getting busier making the pads muddy.
Other Thoughts: Thanks for installing this course. This park has been needing improvements for a while but has been blocked due to the waterway. The course has increased use of the park and more improvements are now planned. Thanks for playing!

Leverrich park

5+    1/31/2009   2/1/2009
Review By: topdawgy58
Pros: I really nice course lots of trees and different type of holes. Almost Ace hole 2 acouple of times. I real fun course.
Cons: Dogs running loose. No trash cans and when i did find one it was over flowing.
Muddy tee pads. Lots of mole mounds.
Other Thoughts: Enforce leash law. Get mole traps. Trash cans at tee Boxes. Put in cement Tee pads. Put on a walk path to hole 2and one going up the hill next to 2.

great addition to vancover wa

1    1/25/2009   1/25/2009
Review By: Matt aka N.G.S.P.
Pros: *Wonderful baskets.
*Nice hole maps.
*Course map/score cards provided.
* just off of I-5/close to main hwy access.
*A few challenging holes.
*Good variation of terrain and hole lengths.
*Beautiful scenery
Cons: I didn't feel the course flowed well. There were some long walks back and forth to the next tees. The tee boxes were natural dirt and get very muddy during winter/rainy seasons. I saw many homeless people loitering around through out the park which i've been told has always been a problem. (not so much now that the park has been turned into a course) some areas had a lot of trash laying around too.
Other Thoughts: This being a recently added course i hope the make better tees and im sure that the trash and loiterers will eventually decrease.

I was very happy how easy and fast it was to find coming from portland area. I also was pleased w/ some of the challenging holes and how beautiful some of the scenery was.

all in all it was a fun course and a wonderful addition to have been added to vancover wa allowing the 2 other courses near by for a possible 3 playable courses in one day.

1    12/28/2008   1/4/2009
Review By: Lost in the Brambles
Pros: -Easy to find each hole, with nice new signs
-Elevation changes
-Nice mix of distances
-Friendly locals
Cons: -No picture on sign showing where the pin is located
-Only 12 holes
-Dirt tee pads
Other Thoughts: Only played here once...but I have played the other two courses in Vancouver, and this is by far the best of the three.

Loved it

2-4    12/5/2008   12/5/2008
Review By: discgolfdude
Pros: Well made course for what space was available.
Easy to get to, very close to I-5.
Lots of elevation changes.
Holes for both left and right handed throwers.
Maps and score cards are available at hole 1.

Cons: For me it was the creek, one disc in the drink twice, and lost one disc on the other side of the creek in the brushes.
Natural tees could get a lot muddier as the weather turns worse.
Other Thoughts: This is my first review of a course.
I feel that for the first course in the city limits it's a very great course for Vancouver.
This course has become very popular in just a short time it has been installed.