Moab, UT
Old City Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: klay Hole #2 (Taken 4/2011)
3 / 295ft.   3 / --   3 / 295ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1    9/30/2013   12/3/2013
Review By: thenewguy
Pros: Great signs, great views Lots of different shots needed, great way to build your technique. Only about an hour away from base camp.
Cons: Bring a buddy, very easy to lose a disc, lots of foliage and big plants Also going from I believe hole 4-5 I was lost for a little while. Print the map or take dgcr with you.
Other Thoughts: Bring water!

1    4/26/2013   4/28/2013
Review By: bobmcnelly
Pros: -Concrete Tee pads
-Great variety of shots
-Very challenging course
-great signage making it easy to get around
Cons: Lots of cactus around so keep an eye out
Very hot
Other Thoughts: Great course, very challenging but its just very unforgiving.

1    6/17/2012   6/22/2012
Review By: MightyJeff
Pros: -Beautiful surroundings. Moab didn't become a desert tourist destination for no reason, and at Old City Park, you get to throw a round surrounded by desert beauty
-Varied terrain. There's a little bit for everyone here - you have the woods on a few holes, the desert on most, with hills, flats, doglegs. You'll have to pull a lot of shots out of your bag to handle this one.
-Excellent signage. Whoever is responsible for course upkeep clearly knows that a lot of first-timers will come here while on vacation, and the tee signs and directional signs were a great help
-The course has a great balance of challenge and accessibility. More experienced discers will have plenty of fun here, but newbies can too. There aren't many courses that have that kind of broad appeal
Cons: -HOT. I literally woke up at 6AM just to play this course before the heat came for the day by 9AM, and I'm not sure how much I succeeded (I played it in the middle of June). I went through 40 oz. of water by the 16th hole. If you plan on playing here (and you should), be prepared for the heat with water, sunscreen, etc.
-The bugs. Oh, the bugs. I felt like a street light at night with how many bugs kept swarming around me as I wound my way through the course. I didn't get bitten, but man, they were annoying.
-There are a lot of blind baskets. A lot. Bring a spotter if you can, or take the time to walk halfway up the fairway to see where you're driving, because as good as the tee signs are, you won't really know
-All of the holes are similar in length. I would have liked to see a 100 footer mixed in with a 700 footer or two, but this isn't a big deal. It's still a great course
-The desert rocks and vegetation will tear up your plastic. Leave your pro-D and DX discs at home.
Other Thoughts: This is an excellent course, and if you're anywhere near Moab, I highly recommend stopping by for a round... provided that round is played when it's cool outside! I did lose two discs on this course, and I never lose discs. So you'll have to be careful - but that just means it's a great challenge.

Most professional looking course I have played.

1    4/25/2011   5/4/2011
Review By: ryyedogg
Pros: Great desert course in the city of Moab that requires some accuracy and a good drive to score well. This is your typical desert course with lots of brush, cacti, and medium sized trees that provide plenty of challenge for most players. The tee pads are nice, concrete slabs that all have a sitting bench and sign behind them with hole pictures and info. Lots of fun shots from hard straight blasts around thick brush, to tight wooded shots though the desert vegetation. Overall, a nice variety of shots are necessary to avoid disaster. The last hole is a fun downhill shot down into the park area.

This was the best marked course I have ever played and it's nearly impossible to get lost. A few holes require some walking in between, but signage will lead you right to the next hole. There is even a note and direction taped to the pole of the basket letting you know where to go.
Cons: The prickly pear, barrel cacti, and other rugged desert plants are everywhere. Watch carefully for them. The thick brush can be a easy place to lose a disc. Don't forget about snakes and scorpions that could be found here as well.

It's the desert, so bring water and snacks. I'm not sure if there are facilities at the public park.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course that isn't easy.(my score reflects that) Maybe it's because I had just played Base Camp Adventure and was exhausted. Either way it is a fun course worth checking out, even if you came to the area to play BCA.

Favorite holes: #6, #8, #13, #18

Hot and Dry!

1    8/2/2010   8/23/2010
Review By: ceallworth
Pros: Best signs at tees I have ever seen, very accurate. Nicely laid out for us visitors to Moab area. Did not lose any discs! Good combination of shot types. Scenic for the most part. Only one other player on the course when we were there. Fun last hole brings you back to parking lot.
Cons: A few hazards where you need to watch and not fall.
Other Thoughts: Very nice desert course. I have played others that are just baskets in the sage. This one is much better, and the adjacent park is a great place for barbque!