McKinney, TX
Towne Lake DGC Share
Uploaded By: giles Hole #3 (Taken 9/2009)
Hole #3 Red Tee: A & B pins around creek to the right. Mid-Fairway pic taken from black disc

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
 Woody

1    1/24/2009   1/26/2009
Review By: YoDesigner
Pros: Very well marked. Double tees on most holes. Concrete tee pads. The trees are what make this course a challenge. Excellent shade on almost every hole makes this a great summer time course. Parking is safe from flying discs.
Cons: Very little elevation changes. Only one hole really has a perched up tee pad (I want to say it is the '5 hour energy drink tree #16?'' short tee pad has a huge tree branch in front to keep you from bombing it off the only elevated tee.
Other Thoughts: This is a great new course for the far north Dallas area. The creek is not even noticable from the start, then you realized there is a 15' gully of a creek to contend with. In my group we found the creek 4 times and had a pole for retrieving. We had to get down to water level to reach our discs. The banks to the creek are very steep. If you are very acurate with your throws and not ping pongin in the creek you should be fine.

Even though this is a great new course, it didnt have a real wow factor to me. I prefer some of the holes to be a little more open. I would say this is worth the drive on a hot Texas summer day, due to the large amount of shade this course will have. But winter time DG, I wont be driving the extra distance when I can play more open courses like BB Owen and Greenbelt. I prefer the somewhat shorter drive for me of Lake Lewisville or Paschall Park when I want a little bit of woods to play in.

Pack your bag or cooler because you dont really walk past the parking lot again.

So again I am givin this course 4 discs (like all my other previous reviews). In all it is a very good course. I would play it often if it was my local course.

Thanks for reading and please rate my review;)

Bias

5+    1/25/2009   1/26/2009
Review By: teamudgp
This review was updated on 9/28/2009
Pros: Beautiful piece of land with 2 creeks running through almost every hole. It will be a great course in the Texas heat with all the shade. Tee signs face the last basket to help navigation.
Cons: If you can't throw straight - you're screwed!
Other Thoughts: Read Rusty's review!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >