Shelton, WA
Lake Isabella State Park Share
Uploaded By: Aragorn Hole #9 (Taken 2/2009)
3 / 493ft.   3 / 341ft.   3 / 262ft.   3 / 223ft. Par / Distance:

Feels Nice

2-4    9/11/2009   11/11/2009
Review By: aarikc17
Pros: I really like this course. It has a certain feel to it, nastalgic (sp.) almost. It was probably one of the most relaxing courses I have ever played on.
I actually like the pole holes and dirt pads, actually I prefer them. The poles were of good quality as well.
You play in a circle around what looks like a horse pasture.
If there was a rating option of 3.75 I would have chosen that.
Cons: Some pole holes are plastic white tubing and can get confusing because all the other poles are wooden and have yellow markings.
Some of the alternate tee pads are hard to find, but with the map they are manageable.
Nothing else really nearby.
Other Thoughts: I really liked playing this course and if I'm in the neighborhood anytime soon I will definately stop by again.
Oh, and my wife beat me on the front 9 :(

EXCELLENT home-style course.

5+    7/2/2009   6/24/2009
Review By: puaahunter
This review was updated on 12/12/2009
Pros: "homey"
Close to Shelton
VERY nice/underutilized park
challenging
a good mix of technical and long throws.
great use of terrain and elevation.
easy to get to, play, and get back on a lunch break.
nice to play on posts instead of baskets for a change
lots of plans and room for expansion...

alternate tee boxes available for a total of 36 unique holes.
see maps in the links section.

good to picnic with for the family, although there are no Big Toys or playgrounds to play on.
Cons: no signage.
dirt tee pads.
posts, not baskets. (only a semi-con)

*download a map and bring it with you to play!
Other Thoughts: a great local course with lots of potential with 4 different 9-hole configurations.

find more connections with the locals at:
olympicdisc.com
and on facebook:
search "Mason County Disc Golf" group.

keep posted for new opening of 18 hole "Shelton Springs DGC" near the Huff n' Puff.

Home course..

5+    11/3/2008   11/12/2008
Review By: Lil' drummerboy
Pros: It is wide open. My dogs love it. Not crowded. Late day sunsets during the summer. Most holes allow you to air it out. Expansion is in the works.
Cons: The first 3 holes have hazards left in the form of blackberries. Very deadly indeed. I have the scars to prove it. No baskets (yet.) The grass can get pretty high in the spring, so watch out for raptors, and keep at least 4 eyes on your disc.
Other Thoughts: I started playing 6 months ago on this course, and I'll be there every weekend with my dogs. They would rather explore than chase discs. This is a great place to learn a really fun sport.