Course Extinct
Pollock Pines, CA
Gold Ridge Forest DGC Share
Uploaded By: snappyfingers Hole #1 (Taken 2/2012)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

technical tree course

5+    10/12/2012   10/14/2012
Review By: Spleege
Pros: Yes its private but I have played this course now for over 3 years. Here's the deal. Respect the area. Use the trash cans, If you smoke, don't do it here and keep your voice at respectable levels.
Cons: There is some challenge taken away that is replaced by luck. This is a "tree" course. Meaning, some holes have 45,( I counted), full grown trees between you and the basket. A bit too much for my tastes. But this is a great local course and cared for by good, nice players that care.
Other Thoughts: In my opinion, don't let the private signs scare you. I would call first, come up, play and enjoy this course, A lot of variety in a small area. Don't be morons, make a mess, toss beer cans around and get wasted. The drunk, meth crowds are not welcome. Go to shady oaks.

85,000 Signs Reminding You This Is For Members Only!

1    8/18/2012   9/18/2012
Pros: This has got to be the most un-welcoming course in America! There are signs posted every 6 feet warning you that "Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted" and "Members Only." I had called the contact # and pleaded my case. He wasn't able to guide me but told me to inform anyone hasseling me that I had been given verbal permission to play. I felt like I was sneaking into Cold War era West Berlin. I could just imagine the wailing of the siren or the barking of the Gustapo's vicious guard dogs. I visualized my wife having to identify my machine gun riddled body, looking like Sonny in the Godfather.

The course itself sits in a nicely wooded area beyond the pool. It's got some slight elevation change and plenty of mature trees. There are nice benches, dual teepads making 18 holes and Discatchers with the yellow rims. The course, for as PRIVATE as it seems, appears to get a lot of use. There are worn paths between baskets indicating a high level of usuage. Also quite a few baskets have player's ACE markings scribbled on them.

# 5 and # 14 is a very cool hole. About 280', long tunnel shot to the basket with the fairway sloping down to the left. I liked it quite a lot.

# 9 and 18 plays to well done elevated basket.

The whole course has this wonderful forest smell to it.
And there seemed to be a 19th hole. I guess it's the cool elevated basket sitting atop a stump with the top of the basket about 7 and a half foot high.
Cons: Navigation was confusing between very little signage and dual tees. Add to the fact that I was trying to play a quick round and get out of there without being apprehended and prosecuted by the course police.
It's more of a technical course than an open course. No-where for big bomber drives.
Other Thoughts: It's a nice little course. It's a shame that more disc golfers aren't allowed to experience it. I would have liked to have been able to taken my time, enjoy the course for what it offers, without always looking over my shoulder waiting to be escorted off the premises.

And do you think a dip in their pool would have been out of the question?

"Tresspassers will be prossocuted"

2-4    1/21/2011   1/24/2011
Review By: humchris85
Pros: - Private, so you don't have the crowds that some of the Sac area courses have
- Good use of the land given
- Multiple teepads on every hole, sometimes 3 or 4
- Alternate teepads make quite diffrent holes
- Multiple baskets on a couple of holes
- Hanging practice basket
- Nice mix of distances
- Tightly wooded on most holes * This can be a pro or a con depending on your point of view
- Nice baskets on all holes
- One good downhill bomb
- Tee pads are level rubber pads
- Nice Benches throughout the course
Cons: - Private, so you need to find a local to play with
- Would be very confusing if you were trying to play without a guide
- The few tee signs that are around are not accurate
- More signs around to tell you that you need a bag tag, than tee signs
- No real open bombs, all of the long shots still require accuracy
Other Thoughts: Private course for the residents of the community who's land the course is on. They also alow people to get a bag tag to play out here by puting in 40+ hours of work around the course. I got lucky and found some locals to tag along with otherwise I might have been scared by all the signs around stating that people caught playing out here without a tag would be prosocuted as tresspassers. There were more of these signs than tee signs, and they were much nicer too. The course is very tightly wooded in a cedar forest. The seting is beutiful and the area is prime for more courses, it's just up to the locals to find the right spot (I would suggest somewhere around Sly Park). The rubber teepads are nice when things are dry, but when I've played rubber pads in the rain they tend to be realy slick.

pretty good

5+    11/29/2008   11/30/2008
Review By: jdquinonez
Pros: Multiple tee offs. Some pretty open shots. Nice Challenging course.
Cons: Lots of trees and there is some hills that come into play on a few holes.
Other Thoughts: I enjoy this course. Its about a mile from my house so i play it quite often.