Don't go here
Pros: 1st hole was kinda fun with the tunnel shot....
I guess this is Vegas and there are better things to do?
Cons: very short and open course, no real challenging shots and not very fun to play. routinely threw over or near roads or sidewalks that were frequented by locals.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't bother taking a trip out to the course or packing my discs to check this course out.
8 Helpful / 2 Not
Not a Course
Let me start off by saying that this is not a true course... 3 baskets with multiple "undesignated" tee-pads do not make up a 9 Hole course. With that said, it's on DGCR so here's my review:
- A few Decent Shots. There were a few decent shots out there. They would have been better Holes if I knew that I was playing the Hole from the right area. I did my best to play from where the map said I should be playing, but without tee-pads there is no way I could know for sure. Otherwise, if I was standing in the spot where the tee-pads would be if there were tee-pads, then there would have been some good Holes at Davis.
- Am I at the Tee-Pad??? Without official tee-pads, you're just out there throwing from spots that you think look good to you. How can a course be a course without a designated place to start from... therefore Davis Park is...
- Not a Course. Without tee-pads, it's hard to call this place a course. Sure there is a map that outlines where the Holes should be played from, but in reality... it's just 3 baskets in a park with the opportunity to throw shots.
- I Hope Someone Who Cares Does Something. All this place needs is a little care. A little spray-paint on the walking path designating a tee-pads location, a dot on a tree, construction flags... something... find a way to designate tee-pads and make it a course.
- Overall. Davis Park is currently just a great place to practice, it's not a course. If someone was to create some tee-pads, I would be able to forgive the 3 basket 9 Hole concept. But, without them, only go here to practice.
- My Disc Score: This is the worst score I've ever given, however not the worst shots I've ever seen. I'll give a half disc for having baskets.
- My Score: -3
8 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.