Las Vegas, NV
Park Sign

OK practice area

1    1/24/2013   1/29/2013
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The 3 baskets are placed in a nice neighborhood park. One basket is on a slight rise, so there's a tiny bit of elevation shooting to or from that basket. There are some nice trees so you can set up shots with tighter lines and low ceilings to hit. There's plenty of room in the park to throw some longer shots.
Cons: The baskets appeared to be homemade and didn't catch great. The park had a bunch of people on a cloudy cool day, so I'm guessing it can get a little crowded at times. This is just a practice area, there are no tees or defined holes so don't come here expecting a full course.
Other Thoughts: Beginners will find this a great place to learn and hone new skills without any chance of lost discs. More experienced players will be able to use this practice area for everything from putting out to longer drives, it's a nice thing to have in your neighborhood. I like seeing this kind of thing go in smaller parks, it's a nice exposure for the sport.

The Case for Cason's

1    1/11/2013   1/14/2013
Review By: elton807
Pros: Cason's Davis Park is actually a decent layout for having just 3 baskets. Each of the 9 holes presents a different look, with 2 of the holes being well over 300ft in length. There's a nice amount of trees to play around and through (most of smaller one's look to be memorials to lost lives). Zero DG traffic and only a few passerby pedestrians. Easy and enjoyable to play with my 4yr old son.
Cons: The obvious Con is that there's only 3 baskets. This park/course is not close enough to anything major in Vegas to even consider making a return visit. Otherwise, if nearby, this place is good for practice and working on different shots.
Other Thoughts: Don't hate! This type of course/layout is exactly what more small-medium sized parks should consider implementing. Of course, no one would ever hold a tournament here, let alone go out of their way to play, but this is just the type of "gateway course" that would casually introduce more people to Disc Golf.
==================
Uniqueness: C+ (I think there needs to be more of these layouts in existence)
Difficulty: C+ (Flat, shortish, good amount of trees)
Fun Factor: B- (Easy for anyone, can try out new shots and new hole configurations due to very little traffic)
Aesthetics: B- (Well mowed park, good basket locations, clean)
---------------------
Overall: C+

1    11/8/2012   11/8/2012
Review By: Ranger Rick
Pros: Baskets w/chains.
Well groomed.
Plenty of trees to shoot around.
Quiet, did not see any other players, but plenty of people using the park.
Cons: No tee pads.
No signage.
Only 3 baskets, w/ multiple approaches to create 9 holes.
Play crisscrosses several times, so it would be difficult for more than one group to play the entire course at once.
Other Thoughts: It was a nice break from the Strip, and I did have fun, but the lack of restrooms anywhere nearby is a huge negative. It works as a nice place to practice your game if you lived nearby, but I wouldn't go out of my way to play it again.

Great practice area

1    10/20/2012   10/21/2012
Review By: Hector Chain
This review was updated on 1/21/2014
Pros: Have you ever been frustrated with having a course designer tell YOU where you need to tee off from? You won't have that problem here! Make up your own tee!

There are three baskets to choose from. The park actually has some nice trees (and quite a few) to play around, through, and over.
Cons: No tees, no signs, and only about half of the park is even used. It looks like the middle of the park is used for soccer practice or something, and I'm guessing that's why there aren't a couple more baskets. Too bad, this could be a 5-hole course otherwise.

The map on this site shows one way to play this as a 9-hole course. I wouldn't spend much time trying to figure out precisely where you are supposed to tee off from.

The park was moderately busy when I was here. I was about to tee off on the first throw but had to wait for a woman with a parrot on her shoulder to walk down the path. These are the types of things you see in Vegas.
Other Thoughts: It's debatable whether this place is even a course (I'd say no). Having said that, I'm glad it's on this site. You probably have a park in your neighborhood with a decent playground, some useable swings, maybe a slide and some monkey bars. It's not a 5-star playground, but it doesn't have to be. It's just a neighborhood park.

That's how I feel about this place. If I lived within 10 minutes, I'd be here all the time, practicing my forehand and approach shots, maybe working on different lines. For those purposes, this place is great (you won't have to worry about people wanting to play through!).

But if you don't live nearby, I wouldn't go out of your way. It's just three baskets in a small park.

Don't go here

1    7/12/2010   5/24/2012
Review By: jmitch
Pros: 1st hole was kinda fun with the tunnel shot....

I guess this is Vegas and there are better things to do?
Cons: very short and open course, no real challenging shots and not very fun to play. routinely threw over or near roads or sidewalks that were frequented by locals.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't bother taking a trip out to the course or packing my discs to check this course out.

5+    10/11/2011   10/11/2011
Review By: bear138
Pros: no other golfers around to bother you, and i want it to stay that way!!!!
Cons: Its on this site as a 9 hole course.
Other Thoughts: its a nice little practice area for locals looking to sharpen their game up. kinda wish it wasent posted here,is anything sacred anymore!!!!!

Not a Course

1    11/19/2010   11/19/2010
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
Let me start off by saying that this is not a true course… 3 baskets with multiple "undesignated" tee-pads do not make up a 9 Hole course. With that said, it's on DGCR so here's my review:

- A few Decent Shots. There were a few decent shots out there. They would have been better Holes if I knew that I was playing the Hole from the right area. I did my best to play from where the map said I should be playing, but without tee-pads there is no way I could know for sure. Otherwise, if I was standing in the spot where the tee-pads would be if there were tee-pads, then there would have been some good Holes at Davis.
Cons:
- Am I at the Tee-Pad??? Without official tee-pads, you're just out there throwing from spots that you think look good to you. How can a course be a course without a designated place to start from… therefore Davis Park is…
- Not a Course. Without tee-pads, it's hard to call this place a course. Sure there is a map that outlines where the Holes should be played from, but in reality… it's just 3 baskets in a park with the opportunity to throw shots.
- I Hope Someone Who Cares Does Something. All this place needs is a little care. A little spray-paint on the walking path designating a tee-pads location, a dot on a tree, construction flags… something… find a way to designate tee-pads and make it a course.
- Overall. Davis Park is currently just a great place to practice, it's not a course. If someone was to create some tee-pads, I would be able to forgive the 3 basket 9 Hole concept. But, without them, only go here to practice.
- My Disc Score: This is the worst score I've ever given, however not the worst shots I've ever seen. I'll give a half disc for having baskets.
- My Score: -3

3 bakset course that could be better

1    1/27/2010   7/11/2010
Review By: ryan ranes
Pros: if u lived across the street theres is a course map so i would play it if i live super close to it i would play it alot but instead there are cement teepads that i shot off of and im not shure if that was right
Cons: there are only three baskets but it could be alot better get maybe 6 more baskets and this place could be alot better
Other Thoughts: instead play sunset or peccole ranch if u want to try u can go ahead its shurley better than nothing

Great Practice

5+    6/17/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: drickanderson
Pros: This course is located right behind my office. I go there every day at lunch and throw the nine holes listed on Cason's Davis Park layout. There's rarely anybody there, and hole six is wide open, with a great mando, to practice those long drives.

Trees. There are trees everywhere that force you to try some wild shots.
Cons: TREES! We've started carrying a slingshot because we end up in the tops of the trees so often. They are everywhere, and it's hard to set up holes with a decent fairway that doesn't have a huge fluffy tree right in the middle of it.

No tee pads or signs to speak of.

Families seem to enjoy setting up picnics right around the baskets, since they were stuck right in the middle of all the trees.
Other Thoughts: This is not the course to hold a tourney, or even play a serious game, but it works for us as a lunch-time practice course. We actually play Cason's 9, then play 2, 3 and 9 over again for a total of 12.

Better than nothing

1    4/15/2010   4/19/2010
Review By: Blake1844
Pros: The holes are are fun to play. It is better than nothing.
Cons: There is no tee pads or tee markers. If I had not printed out the layout from the LV Disc golf website I would not have been able to play it. There are only 3 yes that's right 3 baskets. They make it into a 9 hole by throwing from 3 locations from each hole.
Other Thoughts: It isn't all bad. If you live or work near by and want to play a quick 9 it was fun to play. They would do well to at mininum invest it some tee signs.