Hopkinsville, KY
North Drive DGC Share
Uploaded By: mreynolds24 Hole #9 (Taken 6/2011)

1 2 Next >
  Home town course

5+    9/3/2009   9/4/2009
Review By: joshswink11b
Pros: I enjoyed the tough throw on number 5 which for me was a bogey hole at best on some days. HB Clark really used trees to make this one tougher in some places. He mixed some birdie holes in with number 4,6,8,9. It is a good beginner course and I have introduced alot of people to the game with this course. Tee boxes are well maintained, the city is taking alot of time now with this park. Talks of draining the pond and making it a concrete pond are closer and the city has really begun to mow the course on a weekly basis. This is a highly used disc golf course I can't ever remember a day where I played I didn't see at least a few other players.
Cons: It is a little muddy and the pond is kind of gross looking but the city is doing alot toward fixing this.

Mind Bog-eling

1    8/15/2009   8/15/2009
Review By: peabody
Pros: Concrete tees and good signs at each tee. Fairways were mowed mostly and some out-of-bounds mud bogs were left to grow long. Kiosk was right at hole one and the course flowed where there was little doubt where the next hole was. Holes 4 and 5 are worth the drive to this quaint little 9 holer. DGA mach 5 baskets( I think) in pristien shape and hardly any traffic. Water and toilets at the rec building(only during certain hours) Ample parking.
Cons: Bogs. most of the center of this course is muddy bogs with tough johnson grass rising up ready to consume your hard earned plastic. This was a very dry day in August and my feet and bag got mud all over it. Picnic tables at hole 3 tee area held people and I was afraid to toss. Tee pads were on top of the ground so you had to be careful not to step off the end or careful of stepping on the beginning end. Pond was scummy but really didn't come into play on hole 5. Some holes were too open and boring.
Other Thoughts: I wish my town had this 9 holer. i have to drive 35 miles to hit the course. Three or four holes here are well thought out and challenge even good players. If you are in town or close by, this is almost worth the drive. Needs dirt filled in on both ends of the teepads.

Bring your mud boots

1    1/24/2009   1/24/2009
Review By: buzzinb
This review was updated on 10/20/2009
Pros: This is a brand new 9 hole course that has pristine baskets and nice tee pads. Several of the holes provide a little bit of challege with moderately interesting layouts. Holes # 4 and 5 are about the most challeneging with a small pond coming into play on 5. Overall the course seems to make optimal use of the available landscape. For the residents of this community, it will provide a nice learning experience as the initial poster noted. There are a number of mature trees that provide a nice park-like feel.
Cons: The course was built in a drainage area. There had been no significant rains recently and yet much of the ground was soggy and slippery. Several small creeks run throughout the course and there is really only one functional bridge. On hole 4 the walkway comes to an abrupt end and you have to cross the widest part of the creek via an old, splintering telephone pole. It is actually rather hazardous and someone is going to eventually get hurt if there isn't an improvement made. The course would certainly not offer much of a challenge to those who are intermediate and above. (update) The dangerous pole bridge has been replaced with a very nice one!
Other Thoughts: Were it not for the nasty bog-like setting, I could have given this course a 2. I try not to penalize 9 hole courses just because they are only nine holes. Rather, I try to base my judgement on the quality of the experience. This course is a work in progress and could be improved with a little work. Having this little course is a heck of a lot better than not having one at all! I plan on visiting every couple of months since my mother lives fairly close by. Its nice to be able to squeeze in a little disc golf when you've had your fill of riding 4 wheelers and reminiscing about what a hellion you were as a teenager.

My review

1    12/26/2008   12/26/2008
Review By: bigalpha
Pros: Smaller course good for beginners like myself. Not too many obstacles, so it's pretty hard to lose a disc in the water or brush. New course, so it looks like they are working on finishing it. It's in a park area, so it's not too ghetto or scary.
Cons: Very muddy. I went and played after we have gotten some rain and there is a lot of mud in the play area. Also, there seems to be poor drainage, as there was a lot of standing water and soggy ground. I ended up getting my feet soak and wet from walking through the "fairways". Tee off areas are not labeled, so it's confusing (at least it was for me) to kind of follow the course (I also did not print out the map). The only thing labeled are the baskets, but you have to be within 20 feet to read what hole they are for. It's in a park area, so during nicer times of the year, I imagine there would be a lot more people at the park and walking around. This could slow your game, or you could accidently kill a small child with your driver.
Other Thoughts: This whole area seems like they are renovating it, so this is where all the mud came from. Everything (baskets, tee areas) look pretty new, so I'm sure they are not finished putting up signs and everything. I'm a beginner, so this was a great course to start on.

1 2 Next >