Roscoe, IL
Porter Park Share
Uploaded By: huskerfan Hole #8 (Taken 9/2016)

1 2 Next >
 C- = below average 9-holer

1    7/2/2009   7/3/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B-
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.

My new home course

5+    5/17/2009   5/17/2009
Review By: teebird
Pros: This course is pretty open, but has some good obstacles on some of the holes that require a variety of throws to get through it. Water comes into play on a couple holes and very dense trees on number 4. Part of the course is visible from the road and I believe a lot of new people are trying it out because of this.
Cons: Only 9 holes and there is a long walk between some of the holes.
Other Thoughts: I have talked to some of the Roscoe village council and told them that there is a lot of interest in the course. If we show a lot of use of the course and keep it clean, they may be willing to add 9 more holes.

1    4/4/2009   4/4/2009
Review By: duain
This review was updated on 8/7/2014
Pros: the baskets and rubber tee pads are nice. decent mixture of shots.
Cons: could have had better pin placements for some shots. the flow from pin to tee pad sucks on a couple holes.
Other Thoughts: lots of potential just needs the proper course design to utilize the land better.

Porter park review

1    3/16/2009   3/18/2009
Review By: Dahminator
Pros: I love this course. All the holes are long and take up a huge area of space for only being a 9 hole course. I also really love the location. Has a bit of a mix of open shots as well as holes with trees to dodge.
Cons: Considering the fact that it's only a 9 hole course, I really can't think of many cons because this is my kinda course. There is very little elevation change. Also, the vending machine was all sold out :(
Other Thoughts: Big arms will like this course