Vichy, MO
Akita's Run Share
Uploaded By: odysseus81 Hole #3 (Taken 3/2010)

Beautiful

1    3/20/2011   3/21/2011
Review By: noahrienks
Pros: This is a very tight, technical course. Holes are VERY well thought out, and you much choose your lines perfectly. This course makes you think, and execute multiple shots, that you would normally scratch your head on. It is truly breathtaking to play this course.
Cons: There aren't many. Some of the baskets weren't regulation, and they were almost impossible to putt into, but I'm not really complaining. You gotta be in shape to climb the hills on the majority of these holes.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course to think about life, DG, and the universe. I was in awe of my surrounding during the round...I just hop everyone who truly enjoys this game can play this course at least once in their life.

Disc golfing in rugged terrain...

1    11/29/2009   11/29/2009
Review By: cooktastic
Pros: This course very quickly became one of my favorite courses when I played it. It is a par three course...but do not let that fool you...you have to earn par on every hole. I felt lucky walking away with a bogey on a few. Very extreme terrain to deal with on this course...think a picture of the Ozark mountains. I certainly wouldn't suggest the course for anyone who was not in good shape...or had knee or ankle troubles...as the up and down hills is grueling. There are places where you would not make it up or down the hill without the aid of a rope. There are some very creatively placed baskets tucked away in nice little patches of trees or up on a cliff with a trecherous drop off (I found out the hard way as I watched a putt barely lip out and roll 60-75 feet back down a hill). There is water (several streams) that come into play on several holes and are used to the fullest. They were some of my favorite holes because an errant throw meant your disc might be caught up in the water heading downstream. One of my favorite holes was the most extreme uphill shot I have ever seen on a course. It is a beautiful hole with the basket sitting up on a cliff tucked away like an eagles nest (really intimidating shot).
Cons: Not a whole lot to criticize really. One of the baskets was homemade and possibly the smallest chain area I have ever putted at. Maps would be very helpful out here (although spray painted trees and rocks help out tremendously).
Other Thoughts: One of the most fun rounds of disc golf I have ever played. Very challenging...but not to the point of frustratingly so. A true gem of a course...throw in it's sister course Ozark Mountain and you have a great day of disc golf.

Unreal

1    11/7/2009   11/7/2009
Review By: odysseus81
Pros: So much fun!!! I loved this course...it uses similar terrain as the Ozark Mountain course, but the courses play extremely differently. I thought the terrain was more extreme, but there is less course management because the whole thing is par 3's. Definitely some birdieable holes, but there is also the potential for 5 on those same holes. Holes 7-9 are amazing. Gotta be one of my favorite stretches of holes anywhere...period. There are some really steep climbs and declines on this course. If you have bad knees...stay away because this is as physically demanding a course as you will find. The views are gorgeous and much of the course plays in or around a really nice creek (which had plenty of water in it...definitely came in to play throughout.
Cons: You must print a map and scorecard off this site before you play because it will be tough to navigate otherwise. There is lots of spray painted stuff to help you find your way, but you will still get lost without the aid of a map. I can't imagine how bad the ticks and chiggers would be in the summer. There was nothing to worry about this time of year though.
Other Thoughts: I can't tell you how much fun I had adequately. All I can tell you is if you don't get out and play this....you are missing out on a truly special experience.

the shet

1    10/25/2009   10/26/2009
Review By: stuster
Pros: its a long course, great shots and fun most of all. you have to see the course to take it all in. i'll give you one insight about one hole. hole 8, if you don't use the rope to get up the hill, you wont make it.
Cons: hard
Other Thoughts: this is the best par 54 i have ever played. its steep long and stategic. if you dont have a straight shot, or a miracle in your poket your in trouble.