Tupelo, MS
Harrisburg Baptist Church DGC Share

Good for Practicing on at least

5+    6/30/2011   9/2/2011
Review By: SybotCB
Pros: It's a free course, put in by someone who just wanted to add a few holes to the local options. A couple of the holes offer some more interesting shots.

2 teeing areas exist on every hole, and some of the pro holes are really long. Not much chance of losing a disc as the course is fairly open.
Cons: Mostly open throws. But it helps you work on certain parts of your game.

There are really no tee pads, but essentially just small signs you throw from. It's a church course, so it's essentially unavailable on Sunday as well. (Not really a con, but thought it should be mentioned).

It's only 11 holes, so doesn't really translate to me with my golfing background. This one feels like a game, not golf when doing this.
Other Thoughts: This was one of the first courses I played when I started. It's a good learning course as there isn't much danger on any of the holes, but there is some obstacles that must be avoided.

Most holes aren't overly long, especially from the am tees which I use nearly exclusively. It can be played pretty quickly, and is really close to another beginner friendly course in the area (Ballard Park)

Fun Easy Course

5+    7/1/2011   7/1/2011
Review By: jzimm1976
Pros: First of all, let me start by saying how nice it is that a local church has built this course and allows the public to play on it for free. Also, it is well kept, easy to navigate, and the baskets are very new and well maintained. For a beginner, there are enough wide open holes for you to learn and not lose discs. There are a few holes that are challenging like 6, 7 and 8. 8 is particularly fun as the basket is set back in the middle of some small trees. Overall, a great course for beginners to learn on and a fun and forgiving course.
Cons: The only con for me is that concrete comes too much into play on holes 1, 2, and 4. Have chewed up a few of my discs.
Other Thoughts: Overall, worth it if you want to learn, or just have a fun and easy round. It is also fairly quiet as there are not a lot of people playing it. So you can go at your own pace and work on your game.

2-4    6/15/2009   6/15/2009
Review By: 3456789
Pros: Nice hole distances.
Really nice baskets
Hole 6 is pretty cool
Cons: Only 11 baskets.
Grass tees.
Other Thoughts: This course is pretty fun for a short round or pratice and is better than Ballard DGC for pros.
Like everyone else says you'll be better off playing one of the other local courses.

Practice anyone?

2-4    2/19/2009   2/19/2009
Review By: Dillon_Gourley
Pros: I was going to write a review because I saw there were none wrote but I see someone has beat me to it earlier today. I already had the thoughts in my head about it and played it today just to get the course fresh in my head.

9 hole course. I usually play 9 from the am tees, 9 from the long. There are 3 sets of tee pads and all are marked. The first set of tees are novice/ace race tees , the second set would be what I would consider am tees and the third being pro tees.

It starts off very easily with holes ranging from 190-240 or so, mostly wide open, few trees, however the wind has been blowing like crazy every time I have played it and has been a challenge. The last two holes are the longest and are directly wide open. The last two are 360' or so, am tees and 400'+ from the pro tees.

Cons: No bathrooms. All I can think of :)
Other Thoughts: Like I said this is a 9 hole and is great for practicing because you would probably be the only one out there since it goes hardly played.

The baskets are good.
The tee pads are all well marked with footage also.

If you live in Tupelo it's worth checking out and having fun on but if you are from out of town or plan to drive to it to play I would not recommend it.

5+    10/23/2008   2/19/2009
Review By: bazkitcase5
Pros: This course goes around the back side of a large church. It was designed by a local player to basically give the members of the church a course to play and learn. The baskets are in good shape and there are 3 sets of tees on every hole except hole 7. The shortest tees are for kids and novices. There are a few holes that will challenge an experienced player, but overall there is just not much to work with. It is a wide open course with several holes you can just grip and rip it on or practice your mid range and putter shots on the shorter tees.
Cons: There simply is not much to this course other than what it was designed. The tee pads are all natural with no tee signs. You have to look for the bricks on the ground, which make this course very difficult to navigate your first time through.
Other Thoughts: The wide open nature of this course and the fact that it is empty most of the time, allows me to go to this course to practice throwing distance and working on different types of shots. I basically use it as my practice ground. If you are passing through this area, you will be better served playing Old Warrior Run at Trace State Park or Veterans Park. Ballard Park would be an option if you are a newer player.