Duluth, MN
Uploaded By: erickmj

Why?!

1    9/26/2013   9/26/2013
Review By: Aim For The Chains
Pros: -Cement Teepads (although over-kill for this course which doesn't need 8'+ teepads for holes you can throw from a stand still and one you can jump putt off the tee at the basket its so short...)
-Well maintained school grounds with neat art thing and landscape
Cons: -Busy area during school year and kind of out of the way to get to for what the course is.
-With all the landscape and trees available the overall design of this course is horrible with nearly every single shot being a straight line to the basket and extremely short without needing to be.
-Little, to no parking
Other Thoughts: You pull up to this course and think hmm okay nice little 9er on campus lots of trees etc then you play the course and think WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! couldn't they have actually designed a few holes to force SOME type of shot or line. Cool for the students on campus I guess but I would find myself going insane playing this course more than a few times. All those beautiful trees waiting to snag your disc yet they just watch you play in the open grass between them. Reminded me of a mini-golf course without any of the quirky obstacles-- whats the point?!

FWIW 2 of us played this course in under 25 minutes throwing 2-3 drives each basically running aces at every hole.

Needs A Mando Through The HOOP!

1    6/29/2011   7/10/2011
Review By: Donovan
Pros: OK first let me explain the title of this review. If you look at the pictures of this course, there is a giant, art-like sculpture that has a huge ring projected up in the air. They totally should have made a hole that plays through that thing. We are talking Caddyshack II style of Disc Golf. LOL And now, on to the review…

This is a short course with some trees, open holes, lots of OB, some slight elevation, and a couple of water holes (sort of). This is a good place to learn the game as I don't think any of the holes are over 2oo feet. The terrain was nice and the grounds were well kept. The two holes that "could" have water in play were well done. The water is not directly in play, but a wild shot left will get you wet. The tee pads were dirt/grass pads were not in too bad of shape. The baskets are in decent shape and parking was great.
Cons: The 9th hole was on the other side of the course from the 1st hole. So you basically had to walk across the entire course to start over. Some of these holes have a road, or a walking path or a fence right next to the hole. I'm not a fan of that. There were no trashcans or restroom on this course, but as short as it is, that's not really needed. Navigation was not easy for such a little course. I missed a hole (and had to go back to find it) but then I saw a group ahead of me to follow. It would have taken much longer without them to find all the tee boxes. They are not really close to the basket before them; you really need to be close to spot them (look for the dirt spots).
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor here was almost not there. A few of the holes were fun to fire at as far as an ace is concerned, but there were not really any challenging holes. I'm really not a fan of course where there is a good chance of hitting someone or something off course. I would come back here if that giant hoop was in play, but for now, this is one I might pass on unless I was teaching someone else the sport.